Stax srm-t1 mods?
Jun 21, 2011 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

milosz

500+ Head-Fier
I've got an SRM-T1 coming (along with Lambda Signatures)

I'm wondering what mods there are for the SRM-T1

I searched "SRM-T1 mods" and I read hundreds of various STAX posts and I didn't see anything.

So, I'm curious about what mods there may be for the SRM-T1

Can someone point me in the right direction?

It's a tube output stage amp so maybe there's tube rolling, haven't looked into that yet; but that's an obvious one, using different NOS 6CG7  tubes and so on.  

So, yes, there's tube rolling.  But I'm wondering if there's circuit mods that I could contemplate and maybe try.

(Oh, and by the way, I need a 6-pin cable so I can recable my Beyer N1000 electrostatic 'phones to work on the standard bias socket of the SRM-T1, the cable on my N1000 is totally shot and rather than replace it I'd rather wire them with a Stax 6 pin cable, but there don't seem to be any to be had... so if you know of anyone wanting to sell one, PM me.  I've also posted this same wish in various other place but thought to mention it here to get maximum exposure...)

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
There is at least one ad , selling 2 Stax extension cables:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/558325/stax-sre-750-5-meter-earspeaker-extension-cable-brand-new-sealed-never-used-two-available

You should do a check before recabling your Beyers, find if the Voltage supplied by the Stax does not ruin your Beyers!

Thanks.  That ad is for the 5 pin cables, these fit the high bias jacks of Stax amps ("Professional bias").  I need the 6 pin cables, so they fit the low bias jacks ("Standard bias")   The Beyer N1000's can work off the standard bias, but not off the pro bias.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back