Stax SRD84 v Lambda Pro
Jan 13, 2010 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dyna10x

Head-Fier
Hi
I may have the chance to get a pair of lambda pro with srd7 mk2 energizer. I have srd84 electret phones at the moment. How much of a difference is there between these phones and would it be a significant upgrade?
Hopefully someone can give me an idea.
Thanks

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 9
Imagine your SR-84 being 4x as large, so that they fit around your ears.

I don't have a lambda pro, I have the old lambda (which some people like better than the pro) - the difference between a lambda and a so-called "lambda junior" SR-80 is quite significant.

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna10x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi
I may have the chance to get a pair of lambda pro with srd7 mk2 energizer. I have srd84 electret phones at the moment. How much of a difference is there between these phones and would it be a significant upgrade?
Hopefully someone can give me an idea.
Thanks

Short answer yes.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #5 of 9
Nah, you'll barely notice the difference

wink.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks. Specifically what sort of improvements in SQ will I get. I assume that smeggy's comment is a bit 'tongue in cheek', however it is sometimes difficult to tell just reading text. If not, care to elaborate on your opinion smeggy?
Thanks

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Yes you are so right scompton. Foolish me did not notice him hiding at the bottom of the post. Thanks for pointing him out. So anybody care to give a more in depth overview of these 2 phones?

Jan 14, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 9
There are probably very few electrets that can give a good stat a run for it's money. If you can get them for a reasonable price then just hit it. The Lambdas aren't my favorites but they're damn fine all the same. It should indeed be a significant upgrade depending on your tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back