Stax SR-X9000
Oct 6, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #77 of 3,065
I heared from an insider the X9000 will not have more bass quantity at all vs 009. Nowhere near Susvara level.
I will stay with my 007 bass port mod.
Seems Stax learned nothing and now there are more and more other E stats. The CRBN seems to have very good tonality and punch Stax cannot beat with X9000.

Stax has always been king for me. But my Susvara and Niimbus kills my 009 Carbon combo easily better much better bass, better tonality, natural sound.
1) My Susvara + Pass speaker amp does not "kill" my 009 + BHSE

2) You know someone, who said something about the X9000 and based on that you conclude that "Stax learned nothing". Wouldn't it be better to show some patience and collect more (and more reliable) information before judging?

Oct 6, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #78 of 3,065
I heared from an insider the X9000 will not have more bass quantity at all vs 009. Nowhere near Susvara level.
I will stay with my 007 bass port mod.
Seems Stax learned nothing and now there are more and more other E stats. The CRBN seems to have very good tonality and punch Stax cannot beat with X9000.

Stax has always been king for me. But my Susvara and Niimbus kills my 009 Carbon combo easily better much better bass, better tonality, natural sound.

Well at that point performance and what can beat what is pretty relative. Sometimes I prefer the 009 and sometimes the Susvara - depending on the song, recording etc.

I don't judge headphones depending on what others say - especially not at that price point. I'd rather listen to them myself before making my mind up if I like them or not or making a purchasing decision :)

In that sense I'm very much looking forward to listening to the Stax SR-X9000. I have a gut feeling they might be right up my alley but let's see :)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #79 of 3,065
The SR-X9K isn’t an answer to the CRBN. Stax already makes the 009.

buy a TC if what you want is bass.

the sr-x9k doesn’t have enough impressions from reputable sources to make a statement like that. Hell the CRBN doesn’t either.

And I also have susvara yet anticipate the new stax

Agree here. And it has been astonishing to me the amount of negative brand comments I've seen across Stax, Audeze, etc. with these new headphone releases when almost no one has even heard them yet. People complaining about the brand not meeting THEIR personal preferences, as if there isn't a broad range of preferences all users have. It's entitlement and just downright weird when we haven't even heard the headphone yet.

Case in point, you look at the LCD thread where everyone was complaining a week or so ago, to now the overwhelming praise it's getting now the people are getting their hands on them. Maybe we should hold off on the heavy statements until we hear them. :)

009 is bass anemic for Pop, Rock and Metal meh. 007 was all the time stax best headphone. And that's not only my opinion.

But it IS an opinion. I know a few people love the 007, and I absolutely get why--especially if you prefer to use one main pair of headphones and want deeper bass. But from a refinement point of view--detail, soundstage, clarity, realism, the 009 is a clear step above it.. but again just an opinion that many share.

As far as the Susvara, as many others mentioned it for sure doesn't 'kill' the 009, the 009 actually probably just a bit ahead overall imo. Definitely wouldn't say either kills each other in any aspect of the music, and that's having them both side by side the past year. But that's just all imo.

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #81 of 3,065
You guys never heared the Susvara with the Niimbus US4 better for you hehe

Okay we will see if x9000 has more bass then 009...i have no time to discuss here further...bye bye

I'd rather judge the Stax SR-X9000 as a whole and not only about it's bass. If I want a bass cannon there are plenty of headphones around - well have fun whatever you are up to :)

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #82 of 3,065
Agree here. And it has been astonishing to me the amount of negative brand comments I've seen across Stax, Audeze, etc. with these new headphone releases when almost no one has even heard them yet. People complaining about the brand not meeting THEIR personal preferences, as if there isn't a broad range of preferences all users have. It's entitlement and just downright weird when we haven't even heard the headphone yet.

Case in point, you look at the LCD thread where everyone was complaining a week or so ago, to now the overwhelming praise it's getting now the people are getting their hands on them. Maybe we should hold off on the heavy statements until we hear them. :)

But it IS an opinion. I know a few people love the 007, and I absolutely get why--especially if you prefer to use one main pair of headphones and want deeper bass. But from a refinement point of view--detail, soundstage, clarity, realism, the 009 is a clear step above it.. but again just an opinion that many share.

As far as the Susvara, as many others mentioned it for sure doesn't 'kill' the 009, the 009 actually probably just a bit ahead overall imo. Definitely wouldn't say either kills each other in any aspect of the music, and that's having them both side by side the past year. But that's just all imo.
Gee, it's completely inappropriate to require your personal needs to be met before spending $4,500 on a pair of headphones. Completely unacceptable and weird. :deadhorse:

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #83 of 3,065
On headamp it now says:
1st Delivery - Oct 2021 (Sold Out)
2nd Delivery - Nov 2021 (Order Now!)
3rd Delivery - Dec 2021 (Order Soon)

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #84 of 3,065
Gee, it's completely inappropriate to require your personal needs to be met before spending $4,500 on a pair of headphones. Completely unacceptable and weird. :deadhorse:

No it's not, that's why we either purchase them or not once we have enough data points to decide whether we should. There's just two things I find a bit silly, and it's not to offend anyone.. 1) slamming a brand and it's entire history and direction for not meeting your personal preference (when clearly we know there are plenty to satisfy), instead of just not buying the headphone; 2) slamming a brand for not meeting your preferences when almost NOBODY has heard the headphone. The latter is really crazy to me lol

But again, no offense to anyone here. :)

But if anything I just think the LCD 5 example shows that maybe it makes sense to give it a break until again, we have more data points and impressions.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #85 of 3,065
Oct 6, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #86 of 3,065
No it's not, that's why we either purchase them or not once we have enough data points to decide whether we should. There's just two things I find a bit silly, and it's not to offend anyone.. 1) slamming a brand and it's entire history and direction for not meeting your personal preference (when clearly we know there are plenty to satisfy), instead of just not buying the headphone; 2) slamming a brand for not meeting your preferences when almost NOBODY has heard the headphone. The latter is really crazy to me lol

But again, no offense to anyone here. :)

But if anything I just think the LCD 5 example shows that maybe it makes sense to give it a break until again, we have more data points and impressions.
I hear you, but I think sometimes we forget what head-fi is. It’s a place to discuss headphones. When a new pair of headphones come out, we read up on them and listen to people’s early impressions, and then discuss amongst ourselves, even with limited data. That’s what we were doing in the lcd-5 thread when all we had was his impressions and graphs.

Also, just because I was not happy with the initial impressions, I’m not telling others to think the same way as me. I explained that, for what I want, with the limited data we have, it might not suit my specific needs. That has nothing to do with anybody else. Nobody with initial skepticism of the LCD-5 was trying to sway anybody else’s opinions.

Calling us entitled because we want X, Y or Z makes no sense. These are all expensive headphones, and as such they demand critical evaluations. I don’t see the problem with that. Also, it’s would be kind of weird for a person who bought $18K headphones to call anybody else entitled. Stones and glass houses, and what not. 🤷‍♂️

However, I hear what you’re trying to get at. I think that perhaps some misinterpreted the initial skepticism in a different manner than what was intended. We were just discussing the initial impressions from Jude. No need to get offended.

I too believe that listening yourself is the best option, but that wasn’t a possibility at the time. Not being able to discuss Jude’s impressions because nobody else has heard the headphones, seems odd to me. This is a message board after all.

But, yeah enough on that. I look forward to your impressions of the X9K and CRBN. I’m definitely thinking about jumping on the e-stat wave. It seems like this could be a good time to do so :beerchug:

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #87 of 3,065
I'd rather judge the Stax SR-X9000 as a whole and not only about it's bass. If I want a bass cannon there are plenty of headphones around - well have fun whatever you are up to :)
But bass and bright is the problem about 009 which has to be fixed.
I don't want a bass canon. I don't think my Susvara is known as bass canon.
But for me the discussion is now closed. Every time someone posted not a glory review he will be attack.
That's not the intention of a forum.

Oct 7, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #88 of 3,065
But bass and bright is the problem about 009 which has to be fixed.
I don't want a bass canon. I don't think my Susvara is known as bass canon.
But for me the discussion is now closed. Every time someone posted not a glory review he will be attack.
That's not the intention of a forum.
let these come out people will be happy to review them and not hold back their opinion on how they perform. There is no conspiracy here. The things will speak for themselves.

too dismissive way too early

if it’s not your thing that’s fine but there are a lot of people who are interested and waiting for the release and the reviews

Oct 7, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #89 of 3,065
That's true!
When bass quantity of 009 is good for you the X9000 is perfect for you.
If the bass is not enough just use EQ. There is no magic that makes headphones more punchy or impactful than the other. It's all in the frequency response. What you can't EQ about headphones is the acoustical transparency of the driver... the openness of the sound, the size of the headstage, how far sounds can go out of the head. Stax 009S and Omega I are acoustically the most transparent headphones I've ever heard. If you followed Stax X9000's marketing pitch, that's what Stax seem to be focused on improving over 009S too. that's what makes me still have an interest in electrostatic headphones. I usually enjoy my speakers more since a long while and when it comes to bass, headphones can't even be a match to speakers in terms of bass impact, sub bass rumble etc.

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #90 of 3,065
I hear you, but I think sometimes we forget what head-fi is. It’s a place to discuss headphones. When a new pair of headphones come out, we read up on them and listen to people’s early impressions, and then discuss amongst ourselves, even with limited data. That’s what we were doing in the lcd-5 thread when all we had was his impressions and graphs.

Calling us entitled because we want X, Y or Z makes no sense. These are all expensive headphones, and as such they demand critical evaluations. I don’t see the problem with that. Also, it’s would be kind of weird for a person who bought $18K headphones to call anybody else entitled. Stones and glass houses, and what not. 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely agree with the first statement, just replying to be clear to say I'm not all saying we shouldn't. Speculation of all kind is expected and fine. No one has a problem with discussion, even before anyone hears it. I don't even see an issue with even general, speculative statements that aren't positive. All of that is part of the fun.

The entitlement I was speaking of refers to someone slamming an entire company's reputation and current direction (and again, before there's any reliable group of impressions whatsoever) for not meeting their individual preferences. That's far different than the above. Sure, I have the $18k Shangri-La, and yet you'll never see me in a thread crapping on Hifiman, or any other manufacturer for releasing a headphone that speculatively does not cater to my personal taste as a single customer. In just this thread I said how I hope the x9K is more like the 009; and when it seemed apparent that it may not be, said I'd be disappointed. Would seem entitled and premature of me to go on a 'Stax has lost their way' tirade.

Totally will acknowledge that a lot of this likely stems from the fact that all of these headphones are extremely pricey these days, which means it's harder to get the chance to hear or own them. And all of that rightfully makes people a bit more antsy and skeptical. That's totally fair. But this is also the last I'll comment on this part as well.

I too believe that listening yourself is the best option, but that wasn’t a possibility at the time. Not being able to discuss Jude’s impressions because nobody else has heard the headphones, seems odd to me. This is a message board after all.

But, yeah enough on that. I look forward to your impressions of the X9K and CRBN. I’m definitely thinking about jumping on the e-stat wave. It seems like this could be a good time to do so :beerchug:

Hoping the above addresses the first statement here, I absolutely agree with you. Also, I'm was never speaking of anyone specifically, and appreciate the back and forth, as it's likely helpful in making conversations in future scenarios that much more fruitful. :)

And hopefully they'll both get into more hands soon, I'm looking forward to it as well. I've already begun selling off gear and am hoping to really sell more and round out with just a few final stats and maybe just the TC/Raal. If you haven't been on the e-stat train, it's at least worth a ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back