Stax SR-007 (Omega II / O2) + HeadAmp Blue Hawaii Special Edition (BHSE) Vs Akg K1000 + 300B amp (AirTight, Zanden, WA5, EAR Yoshino V20)???
Feb 4, 2011 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gomincha

Head-Fier

Hi!
As the title says i 'm interested in comparisons between these systems to save up money for one of them.
Which one is technically ''better''?
I like a neutral and natural sound in order to hear a recording as is so i want as fewer colourations as possible. I 'm more interested in imaging than artificial soundstage. Which system is faster and more detailed?
Does a Sony R10 + B22 or Zana Deux fulfill my requirements? What about the new kids on the block: LCD2, HD800 and HE6? Do they approach the three aforementioned systems to save some money?
Any impressions would be helpful!

Thanks a lot!

Feb 4, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 4
The O2 is probably the fastest, most detailed, and has the best imaging of any headphone.  The soundstage isn't very large, whereas the K1000 has a large soundstage with sounds placed more forward in and around your head, instead of in the center like most headphones.  Neutrality is completely up to your perception; I think the O2mk1 from the BHSE is the most neutral rig I've heard, but others may consider a brighter sound signature more neutral - the Stax Omega or HE90 for example.  I've heard some fantastic systems with all three of those headphones (O2/K1000/R10) and any of them could be considered an end game rig.  I've yet to hear the LCD2 or HD800 reach that level of performance, but they are no slouches either.  I've never heard the HE6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back