Stax SR-001
Jun 7, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #16 of 35
A better amp than the E.9 energiser you mean? Like what? Or do you mean use a better power amp before the E.9?

Back when I was running the Koss I was using a Quad 303.

Jun 8, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
A better amp than the E.9 energiser you mean? Like what?

Well, most things really. A KGSS, 717, McAlister, that sort of thing.

Okay, pretty expensive for the sake of reviving a crappy old headphone, but in a forum where people recable K1000s with multi-thousand dollar cables you can hardly call it the most crazy thing to ever happen.

Jun 8, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #18 of 35
Just once I'd love to see a cheap solution to these things... oh wait, the 001 *is* cheap
icon10.gif

Not sure I could justify a McAlister for my 003s as much as I'd love to try it.

Jun 8, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Well, most things really. A KGSS, 717, McAlister, that sort of thing.

Okay, pretty expensive for the sake of reviving a crappy old headphone, but in a forum where people recable K1000s with multi-thousand dollar cables you can hardly call it the most crazy thing to ever happen.

I wouldnt want to plug my ESP9 into one of those (read: A Stax amp) without a firm assurance from someone with complete authority that I wouldnt do any damage to the amp. The Koss is a 6pin design so my 2 Stax amps arnt a possibilty, only having Pro-sockets on them. But I dont think that the Stax normal-bias voltage and the Koss-bias voltage are the same anyway.

-edit-

Im an idiot, they are on the table in front of me and I didnt check. They are in fact 5 pin. But im still hesitant to connect them to my SRM-212 without assureance they wont short it out or something.

Jun 8, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
You know me well.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

You might even give your 404s are second chance that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
I wouldnt want to plug my ESP9 into one of those (read: A Stax amp) without a firm assurance from someone with complete authority that I wouldnt do any damage to the amp. The Koss is a 6pin design so my 2 Stax amps arnt a possibilty, only having Pro-sockets on them. But I dont think that the Stax normal-bias voltage and the Koss-bias voltage are the same anyway.

-edit-

Im an idiot, they are on the table in front of me and I didnt check. They are in fact 5 pin. But im still hesitant to connect them to my SRM-212 without assureance they wont short it out or something.

Aren't they 600v? Well, whatever the case, it won't hurt your amp any, but I can't make any promises about your headphones.

Jun 8, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #23 of 35
I do need a second amp so I can use the 404 at home, just can't afford it right now. I love the 404 but they ae difficult to use at work as I need to do a lot of looking down and they have a tendency to slip forward every time I do. The 404 needs to be enjoyed while sitting comfortably and relaxing. Annoyingly, all my cash seems to be going on the new house so my spending on fun stuff is very limited.
frown.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #25 of 35
^^^
You do realize you resurrected a 4.5 years thread?
I have "move on" but I have to say that Stax 001 is still remembered. But alas, I don't have Stax's ear...

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #26 of 35
Feb 9, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is new update on the old thread. This is from yesterday Fujiya avic blog.
ÌÜÊ¡¼ªÊ¡ FUJIYA AVIC blog:À¸»º´°Î»¡¢¤È¤¤¤¦¤³¤È¤Ï¡© - livedoor Blog¡Ê¥Ö¥í¥°¡Ë

Fujiya-avic has requested stock SR001mk2 but STAX people answered that the SR001mk2 is discontinued and no longer available.
BUT STAX people also told that the replacement is under development.
They also told about the availability "around the hot season...". A good news isn't it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Good news.

Better news if the Mk3 or whatever they replace it with has flanges that are comfortable enough to wear for longer than 20 minutes.

Best news if those flanges fit the Mk2 and can be purchased at a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back