Stax Sig: Where does it fit in?
Oct 25, 2002 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pigmode

Truck-Fi
How do they compare to the W2002, HD600 , and the HP-1? Differences, simiarities? I had an all too brief, but inconclusive listen, but it seemed I might like the Sig over the Omega. Sell it to me...

The Melos is for sale, I'm getting an Ety and an iPod--things are starting to happen! The 501 may go for sale, unless I don't get an EMP.

Oct 26, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
How do they compare to the W2002, HD600 , and the HP-1? Differences, simiarities? I had an all too brief, but inconclusive listen, but it seemed I might like the Sig over the Omega. Sell it to me...

The Melos is for sale, I'm getting an Ety and an iPod--things are starting to happen! The 501 may go for sale, unless I don't get an EMP.

piggy...just curious on several fronts. What factors made you feel like you might prefer the Sig over the Omega II? Also, I didn't know you were in the market for an EMP. Man, depending on which phones (and tubes) you decide to use, you're gonna' love this thang!

cool.gif

Oct 27, 2002 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 5
Rick,
First, I'd have to say that these are the most unqualified of impressions. My chance to listen to the Sig and the O2 were all too brief, but I may have anonther session with the O2 later. The O2 sounded like it had a sheet pulled over the cups, and this is coming from someone who is very intolerant of any hint of brightness. The sig, oth, was much airier. What is your take on each?

Budget is a factor. Once I somehow stop fiddling with my main system, I need to build a good HP setup. If it's not Stax, then it will probably be an EMP. I guess the logical HP would be the HD600 right or the AT 2002?

Oct 27, 2002 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 5
Pigmode
I assume you mean the Signature II (404) and not the old Lambda Signature?

I listed the 404 as the #2 slot on my favorite headphone list just under the 007 and just above the HP-1000. From the looks of it, no one else's list matched mine, though. I guess I'll just have to live with having eccentric tastes among headphone geeks.

Oct 27, 2002 at 12:36 AM Post #5 of 5
I heard the 404 with the top of the line SS amp. The HP-1 was always one of my favorites, and the Sig had a similar sound. I should probably eschew dynamics. I listen mostly to classical, acoustic, and jazz nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back