Stax Repair
Dec 20, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 11
First try swaping the tubes. If the problem goes to the other channel
it is a simple fix you can do yourself.

Whatever you do, don't send it to the guys in california. They do a
really horrible job, very rarely fix it right the first time, and charge
way too much.

Dec 23, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #8 of 11
I figured it out. One of the wires from the volume control that runs back to the RCA input came loose. Now I either have to trust my soldering skills or get someone professional to solder it back. I'm leaning to a professional who I'll ask to put in some better RCA's. The stock units look kinda weak.

Dec 23, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #9 of 11
The web site posted is the eastern distributor. They were very good at helping me with a replacement part, but I never had them do a repair.
lambda.gif

Dec 23, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiosceptic
Thanks, I'll email them.

Has anyone used Mori****a & Associates Limited in Ontario? They have a website at http://www.mori****a.net/service.html. I emailed but haven't heard back.

I have known Harold M for ages. He is the STAX distributor in Canada and on and off for USA for the last 25 years if not more. Great guy overall, they don't make them like Harold anymore. Just don't get on his wrong side, he has a black belt in some form of Martial arts. Just kidding! You could not find a gentler or more kinder soul.

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #11 of 11
I’ve just dived into the Stax whirlpool recently and now have a collection that reminds me of the popular 3 cd greatest hits from Tom Waits eg Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards… :wink: I have a beat-up New sr3 (grotty as befits its age), a first gen sr lambda (plays well but foam all crumbly) and newest, a nice sr404 sig.
So my question today is this: is there anywhere a straight forward step by step guide to dismantling the sr range of ear speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back