STAX Omega II vs. Ultrasone Edition 7
Mar 17, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #91 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even while we are not 100% sure of that yet, as nobody had opened both to see, but this seems to be the sad truth, mainly cosmetic differences, not sure if under the hood we can find a little differences, but I'm expecting the same heapdhone...at least we have not heard the opposite from any reliable source yet...

So the Edition 9 is the same headphone as the Edition 7 but with updated cosmetics and a much more reasonable price?

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #92 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the Edition 9 is the same headphone as the Edition 7 but with updated cosmetics and a much more reasonable price?

I think that nobody can tell you for sure, and we may ask Ultrasone to get an straight answer, before making any conclusions.....shhhhhhhh.....[size=xx-small]but it seems to be the case...[/size]
rolleyes.gif

Not sure if this could be consider as "an update", some may considier the older beige pads as more contemporary looking, or simply may preffer the beige pads, and cable, and the nice wooden box, personally I preffer the more resonable price....
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #94 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own two Edition 7 and one Edition 9. They sound the same.

But I'm sure that the Edition 9 are original Edition 7 headphones who were not sold. Pads and cable and box replaced, that's all.

please those rummors have been rolling for some time, not sure to what extend htey are true, and why not comfirming them before???
I don't know but from my recollection of memories the cups on the Edition 7 I saw were dark blue, Edition 9 are dark Silver, so they replaced the cable, pads, cups, and the box...what else is missing???

BTW do you really think that is worth the hassle of replacing all those parts instead of selling them as they were, and maybe just finding a good excuse, like maybe that they were going to run a new batch, or whatever, like Sony did with the R-10...not sure but IMO is non very logical to keep on investing even more in a product to sell them later on half a price...

BTW what they did with the old wooden boxes, through them out? I od not think that anybody is going to order just a box, or replace just a box in heapdhone set, at least non very practical IMO...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #96 of 105
superman's ears man, I'm speechless, I think, and will all due respect, that you are being too imaginative, Oh man...LOL...

Personally I don't care, I'm very happy with the cheaper one, if it was a former 7, for me is better, it is like getting a Ferrari for half a price...but honestly for me is really hard to believe all those arguments you state above...

It is true that those parts cost cents but just after the molds are done, and to produce several thousands, but they are not cheap at all, while you do it from scratch and just to do 100 pieces, trust me on that, if you have ever try to do a prototype you will know that it is a really expensive sport.

About explaining to the customers, I do not think they have to explain anything, they do not sell directly to the public, and a dealers do not need to explain anything, but in the last case, think in that they could say they are a "B Stock", "refurbished", or simply "a clearance"...period.
That is not very hard to do, and it is not the first time companies use that strategy, and it is more reasonable and cheaper than re-create a new product, if you ask me...
BTW do you really believe that those speaker companies that sell B-stock, are indeed B-stocks? Sometimes you inspect them and you find simply nothing, not even cosmetically, what indicates to me that is an excess of production, or excess of stock sold as such...

BTW, how much is worth the last year Lexus now on the market, that means that you have to explain the ones who get it last year why they are paying less now??? Products depreciate in the market, every year and period. Prices are company decisions, based in profits, and I do not think that they have to explain anything, nor expect that from them neither...

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #97 of 105
What companies should really explain to their customers is how come they have ordered a $1000+ product that is now "indefinitely backordered". I would be very pissed off if I had placed an order with NS&L and now this happens.

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #98 of 105
Quote:

superman's ears man, I'm speechless, I think, and will all due respect, that you are being too imaginative, Oh man...LOL...

Personally I don't care, I'm very happy with the cheaper one, if it was a former 7, for me is better, it is like getting a Ferrari for half a price...but honestly for me is really hard to believe all those arguments you state above...

It is true that those parts cost cents but just after the molds are done, and to produce several thousands, but they are not cheap at all, while you do it from scratch and just to do 100 pieces, trust me on that, if you have ever try to do a prototype you will know that it is a really expensive sport.

About explaining to the customers, I do not think they have to explain anything, they do not sell directly to the public, and a dealers do not need to explain anything, but in the last case, think in that they could say they are a "B Stock", "refurbished", or simply "a clearance"...period.
That is not very hard to do, and it is not the first time companies use that strategy, and it is more reasonable and cheaper than re-create a new product, if you ask me...
BTW do you really believe that those speaker companies that sell B-stock, are indeed B-stocks? Sometimes you inspect them and you find simply nothing, not even cosmetically, what indicates to me that is an excess of production, or excess of stock sold as such...

BTW, how much is worth the last year Lexus now on the market, that means that you have to explain the ones who get it last year why they are paying less now??? Products depreciate in the market, every year and period. Prices are company decisions, based in profits, and I do not think that they have to explain anything, nor expect that from them neither...

It really isn't that hard or expensive to change the cup paint color or pad color for an assembly line. And now we're talking about a headphone now that doens't have the limited run limitations.

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #99 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It really isn't that hard or expensive to change the cup paint color or pad color for an assembly line. And now we're talking about a headphone now that doens't have the limited run limitations.

It has no limited run limitations, but it is produced in rather small quantities, see how difficult is to get it now, and how far away are the batches of production, they take a couple of months to make a bunch of them I do not think they are assembled in any assembly line honestly, maybe in Florian's basement...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #100 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Assuming you are right in the UE9s are remanufactured UE7s:

Once you have gotten your sunk cost back from the initial run, your price would naturally go up; that is, if you expected to continue to sell them.

Note: this is my first post with the quote on top. I will still forget sometimes but I am going to try.

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #101 of 105
Quote:

It has no limited run limitations, but it is produced in rather small quantities, see how difficult is to get it now, and how far away are the batches of production, they take a couple of months to make a bunch of them I do not think they are assembled in any assembly line honestly, maybe in Florian's basement...
evil_smiley.gif

They should outsource production to Grado for that "DIY feel"
icon10.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #102 of 105
Quote:

evil_smiley.gif

Either way, you just change the paint color and such... really not that hard or expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuming you are right in the UE9s are remanufactured UE7s:

Once you have gotten your sunk cost back from the initial run, your price would naturally go up; that is, if you expected to continue to sell them.

Note: this is my first post with the quote on top. I will still forget sometimes but I am going to try.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just stating that it is really not that big of finicial burden to remanufacture some E7s as E9s.

The price doesn't just naturally go up after you gotten the sunk cost back. It really depends.

Feb 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #103 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PICTURES!!! Part 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Part 2
Enjoy!

-Alex-

Please re-upload the pictures to allyoucanupload.webshots.com...why you have to upload on that site ? cos it's never been erased from server, thx !
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #104 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please re-upload the pictures to allyoucanupload.webshots.com...why you have to upload on that site ? cos it's never been erased from server, thx !
wink.gif

Not intended to be a necro bump, but I second that motion
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I would like to drool more, please
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back