Stax Omega II Repair
Jun 4, 2005 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
Last month, my Omega II began cutting out intermittently in one channel. I sent it to Koji at EIFL and I received my headphones back from Koji exactly 30 days later. Total cost was $270 plus about $90 in EMS shipping to and from Japan for a new cable and supposedly new diaphragms. All things considered, I think the repair price is pretty reasonable.

It's good to have my Stax back. Man, is the bass muddy and resonant without the cans charged up. They have been plugged in for a few hours now and sound great again.

I really love these cans
lambda.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 5
Congrats on getting your O2s back. Glad to hear you can rely on Koji to help get the O2s fixed even after the warranty period. $360 is a lot cheaper than having to shell out $1700 for another one -- I know I would if mine gets destroyed or stolen
lambda.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Canman - didn't I read somewhere that you were considering selling either the O2's or the R10's? Any more thoughts on that decision now that the O2's have found their way back home?

Jun 4, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
Canman - didn't I read somewhere that you were considering selling either the O2's or the R10's? Any more thoughts on that decision now that the O2's have found their way back home?

Yup, I sold the R10 and I feel I made the right decision. Even though I think the R10 is the slightly better headphone in terms of transparency - especially for classical and acoustic music, my enjoyment of the music is not compromised with the Stax. In an ideal world I'd have both headphones. But I don't and now I can afford to say goodbye to Team Ramen.

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Yup, I sold the R10 and I feel I made the right decision. Even though I think the R10 is the slightly better headphone in terms of transparency - especially for classical and acoustic music, my enjoyment of the music is not compromised with the Stax. In an ideal world I'd have both headphones. But I don't and now I can afford to say goodbye to Team Ramen.

Hey flyers dude, That's great you got you Omega 2's back. I could always send you my R-10's if you miss them that much....
wink.gif
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back