stax male/female connectors(diy extension cable)
Feb 24, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 11
WPI manufactures them. Calls them a 6-pin microphone connector. If you need pro bias, just remove the center pin.

AlliedElectronics used to carry them, but no longer does.

Someone should contact WPI directly about where they can be purchased.

May 15, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 11
i just started looking for an extension cable for my older style stax earspeakers. the newer ones have a 5-pin cable whereas mine use a 6-pin connection. i'm *guessing* that this might work, but thought i'd see if anyone here is familiar with this cable before i buy one...
6 pin cable for AKG Solid Tube Mic to power supply, 30 ft., 6 pin XLRM to 6 PIN XLRF black
...way better price than the 5-pin stax extension cables i've seen, too

thanks - alan

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 11
Not to dredge up a 6-month old thread, but I've been looking for one of these on ebay for months to no avail. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find an alternative, or where I can find parts to roll my own?

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 11
I posted some info about these connectors in the stax thread a while back.

There is one vendor with stock that has a $25 minimum purchase. They sell only connectors, so, hope you need a lot of 'em, or some kind of connector anyway. You'd have to order 13 of the female connector to hit the $25 minimum.

Allied will have more stock of the socket in, iirc, october.

OTOH, Allied recently decided that they have a $20 minimum order. I'm mulling over whether to just buy a split order of male and female parts from the other vendor (who's name escapes me, but is in the stax thread). At which point i could sell onsey-twosey to interested parties, maybe.

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 11
Or, if you didn't want to saddle yourself to that, Eric, we could do a little group buy. I'll grab a couple Ms and Fs, one way or another.

Of course, the pain about just buying connectors is that you then need to source reasonably priced 600v wire of a decent gauge. And **** that.

Aug 28, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #10 of 11
Yeah. 600v wire is not easy to come by. Not cheaply anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back