Stax Lambdas for electronic music
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CockatooDude

New Head-Fier
     As one can probably tell from the title, I listen to mostly electronic music. Of varying sorts, but usually with a lot of analogue synths and wide soundscapes. Because of this, and their recent price drop, I was looking at the Sennheiser HD700's for a while, as I thought they'd suit my needs pretty well, and having listened to a pair I was very impressed with the sound. However, like many others, I saw Z Reviews' take on the Stax lambda series (the 2170 system, and the 3100 system) and he said that they were the best things he'd ever heard, and they worked brilliantly for everything. Naturally I thought, "Hey that's awesome, if they really are THAT good, then why not go for those?" Then I read the reviews on amazon for the 2170 system, and one of the reviews said that they are pretty crap for electronic music. As can be seen, there is a conflict of opinion here. So really, if anyone has the 3100 system, or higher end lambdas (I saw a 4170 system for sale on Amazon for about 500 dollars) and listens to a wide variety of music with them, I'd like to know how you think they perform with electronic music, or if you have other recommendations for headphones which are good for many things, but mainly suited for electronic music as well. Anyway, thanks in advance.

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 3
I too am intressted in this, a high end system that works well with electronic music would be sweet. I fear they lack bass though to be a great match, but I've never heard them so I'll wait for someone else to chip in. Don't much believe in the Z reviews though......

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 3
How come? Has he proven to be disingenuous in the past? I only ask out of sheer curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back