STAX Lambda Pro usage questions...
Feb 22, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #16 of 18
The pads are held on with something like a double stick tape. Remove them like you might a bumper sticker, slow continuous pressure. Once removed there are some Phillips screws that hold the case cover on. The foam cover is attached to the ear pads, you should only remove the screws if absolutely necessary. It is not too hard to deal with but be very careful. Clods like me should not attempt this (hardware stores refuse to sell me screwdrivers and other tools
mad.gif
)

To put them back on you can try the existing glue (it's pretty sticky) or new double stick tape.

Feb 25, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #18 of 18
Ok, so I almost worked up the, er, nerve, to take the 404s apart to find the elusive hair/dust...and they are now silent, so I will enjoy them unaltered.

I suspect this is one of those "tradeoffs" that are part of the "performance" toy experience...ya get a sports car, ya don't get an auto tranny...stax stats prefer a hair/dust free environment.

Whatever, I still really like them. They move me, they convey both the intellect and the Ongaku (or the details and the essence) well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back