Stax help
Sep 13, 2007 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got a SRD-7/SB and some normal bias Lambdas. I hooked them up to a 30W per Parasound amp which does work I tested it with a speaker and its headphone jack (which is pretty good btw). Problem is there's no sound from the cans at all. I have it on earspeaker and plugged in but there's a grey cord going out the back for power? There's no plug at the end just 4 wires red, black, white and green.

these

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248455

Am I wrong or is the SRD or Cans nonfunctional?

The seller is not to blame btw so don't start any of that please.

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...... There's no plug at the end just 4 wires red, black, white and green.

these

First...seemingly dumb question...

how is the amp providing signal to the SR7?

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 18
THE only way it can. Via the speaker wire hookups in the back of the SRD-7. I will try some spade connectors tomorrow but....

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

THE only way it can. Via the speaker wire hookups in the back of the SRD-7. I will try some spade connectors tomorrow but....

Okay...that's why i asked the question...

That thing you are calling the power cable attaches to the speaker outputs on your amp. The terminals on the back of the SR7 are for you to connect speaker cables. Then ...when you listen to the headphones, the signal is drected to your headphone jacks...and when you switch to speaker, the signal is sent to the terminals on the back and out to your speakers.

:)

Sep 13, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 18
nope sorry I know that.

Anyway I think it might need to warm up or charge?

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #7 of 18
okay... i would have assumed you knew that.. but what you wrote implied you didn't know what the wire was for... and therefore you wouldn't have ooked it to your amp...and therefore you wouldn't have any signal to your sr7...

sorry for missunderstanding :) happy listening... btw ... i have sr5's that i purchased new in 1978... still sound great

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #8 of 18
lol I am sorry but which color wire goes where? that is the problem I think. red/white and green/black or?

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

lol I am sorry but which color wire goes where? that is the problem I think. red/white and green/black or?

There should be an indication for R+/- and L+/- on the back of the transformer.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

I just got a SRD-7/SB and some normal bias Lambdas. I hooked them up to a 30W per Parasound amp which does work I tested it with a speaker and its headphone jack (which is pretty good btw). Problem is there's no sound from the cans at all. I have it on earspeaker and plugged in but there's a grey cord going out the back for power? There's no plug at the end just 4 wires red, black, white and green.

these

Take the Gray cord and hook it up to you amps out it tells you what left and right are. You do not need to hook up the terminal in the back.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 18
It should say on the back:

srd7mk2-2.jpg

Take a look at the pic.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #13 of 18
good question... mine have been hooked up for so long...i don't recall..and i'm on the road. but will be back home tomorrow night.. if someone else hasn't already told you by then. My SRD 6 has the mapping on a little diagram on the bottom or back (i forget). If you are impatient, you could cheat with a multi meter. Check continuity between the wire and the speaker terminal with the switch set to loudpseaker.

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #14 of 18
Red - Right +

Black - Right -

White - Left +

Green - Left -

Sep 13, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #15 of 18
bingo we have liftoff brothers!!

good lord these are nice sounding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back