stax energizer box question
Dec 1, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #16 of 21
I am not certain wether the Illusion has been discontinued for the local Japanese market, but definitely it is not available new anymore to international buyers.

The distributor used to be Tachyon Limited, and it costed 65.000 JPY + shipping and customs fees. Maybe a head-fier based in Japan could give us some lights regarding availability of the Illusion.

Please also consider after-market amps currently manufactured by RudiStor in Europe (Italy).

Regards,

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am afraid you are missing one more energizer to list
biggrin.gif
the Illusion ESC-1001.

Sure, but I did not mention that one since he asked for Stax energizer (transformer) boxes. Of which i read that they should be made by Stax...

The Illusion ESC-1001 looks interesting. Rumors say that its out of production, but I am not 100% sure.

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...except possibly the O2 Mk. 2, though it is generally agreed upon that the Mk. 1 is superior in terms of overall sound.

Note to self: Do not ever sell either the Illusion ESC-1001 or SRD-7 Mk2 to Sherwood.

Posting has consequences!
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Posting has consequences!
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Aw hell
frown.gif

Elephas, you are in every way the greater expert than I on these matters, and your affection for the Mk. II coupled with the respect you deserve on these boards is the only thing that has me buffer my statements about it. Am I to construe that statement as definitive proof of your preferences? I know a nonexistent group of clandestine mafiosos who might like such proof recorded...

On an side note, I will rigorously edit every post I've ever made in this thread for chance at that illusion. I'll even untangle all your headphones for it.

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Elephas, you are in every way the greater expert than I on these matters... the respect you deserve on these boards...

Wow.
redface.gif
Flattery will get you everywhere.

Note to self: Sherwood is back on the "Might Sell To" list.

Quote:

Am I to construe that statement as definitive proof of your preferences?

There is no proof! Nobody has any proof!

Quote:

I know a nonexistent group of clandestine mafiosos who might like such proof recorded...

Uh oh. I'm going into hiding for awhile.

Quote:

I'll even untangle all your headphones for it.

That was supposed to be a secret!

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #21 of 21
Theres also this diy energizer which looks interesting.

the STAX Transformer

I reckon any decent diyer could build this and it looks like decent parts are specced for the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back