STAX comes to Melbourne for all Australian Head-Fiers
Nov 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Good to see you George. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Nikp
beerchug.gif

Quote:
will there be a 009 for audition anytime soon? 
biggrin.gif

Hi Minivan,

We would really like to have the 009 here to audition but due to the cost of the 009 Bundled with either the Woo Audio (WES) or HeadAmp (BHSE) it may not be financially viable at this stage, but we are working towards this.

We will post here of course if this changes.

Cheers,

George

Addicted To Audio

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/stax

Nov 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #17 of 21

Recent information update as original post :-

"Stax driver units are manufactured specifically for the Australian market and are 240V/50Hz spec, not 220V
or switchable.  All Stax products are shipped to Australia, listing the Australian Distributor identification and warranty
is only valid here for products purchased here.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #19 of 21

Quote:

I could be wrong but I always thought the Aussie voltage was actually 230V

I was reading about this the other day, supposedly random measurements in different states reveal
that it can measure from the 230's to the 240's <shrug>

No doubt though everything that lands here as original equipment spec is for 240V.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
We need a store in Sydney!

Err, there is Len Wallis but I'd recommend not buying any Stax from them. Their Stax prices are so far beyond all bounds of reality that whoever sets them is Gerry Harvey's hero. When I first went there I thought I finally needed glasses as I saw $9999 for a SR-007 mk2 paired with some amp, and even more expensive set-up with a different amp... and you couldnt even try the system as someone had removed one of the earpads and no-one in the store knew how to put it back on, LOL. Clearly they are deluded, greedy buggers.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
I was reading about this the other day, supposedly random measurements in different states reveal
that it can measure from the 230's to the 240's <shrug>

No doubt though everything that lands here as original equipment spec is for 240V.

From what I've read the measurements actually range from about 230V to the mid-250s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back