Stax channel low repair suggestions
Dec 22, 2013 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Audio Guy

Head-Fier
Recently, I acquired a Stax SRX MK3 with a SRD-7 energizer. One channel is low on output. I'd like to fix them or send them to someone who can. Any ideas what might be wrong or who could repair them? Any Stax experts?

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 9
Better contract a lawyer and sue the seller for not disclosing  that there is a flaw in those headphones, which could not be repeared.

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 9
  Better contract a lawyer and sue the seller for not disclosing  that there is a flaw in those headphones, which could not be repeared.

So you are suggesting I should pursue legal proceedings against a guy who stated in his add that one channel is low and sold me a set of Stax with energizer for $70?

A reply like yours is both unproductive and unwanted and shows you lack of understanding of the world. I don't need legal advice, I need a person who can help me get them repaired or guide me to someone who can, which is what I asked for in the first place.

I hope never to purchase from or sell to you.

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 9
Sorry for the cynical sounding comment. You can read after, that one of the side of your headphone is suffered an unrepeable demage due to overdriving. If you have luck, you can buy a similar demaged headphone and do one good out of the two. Or...

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 9
Thank you. Today, I have contacted Stax USA to see what they may suggest. I am also on the hunt for another system or at least EarSpeakers.. We'll see what happens.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 9
Actually, in the sell section of headfi there is (or was? I have seen it a month ago or so) a similar demaged sr-x 3 for a few dollars. You may get that and assamble one good out of the two.. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #7 of 9
Unfortunately, those sold, but I will watch for a pair... Thank you.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Nov 20, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #8 of 9
I realize this thread is long cold, but did the OP have any luck finding a Stax repair resource? I have a pair of L300 and out of the blue, the left channel is now distinctly more quiet than the right. No idea what happened. They were playing fine, I put them on the stand for a break, came back and put them back on and immediately heard the imbalance. Nothing I've tried or days since has changed anything.

Nov 20, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 9
The former US Distributor said they can't help and Stax Japan declined to offer any help whatsoever..

Good luck. If I find something I will contact you..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back