Stax bliss!
Nov 21, 2010 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
Sunday morning, my favorite coffee shop and I am trying an experiment!
I am currently awaiting the arrival of my stepdance so I can pair it with my iPod classic and ety er4s's for my out and about rig.So in the meantime I thought I would try my stax sr001 mk2's out in the real world, well they are meant to be portable!

For some reason I have not been listening to these much of late and now I am kicking myself for neglecting them!

So, how do they do in a busy environment like a coffee shop. Well, surprisingly good!

Sure, you would not want to listen to chamber music or jazz as there is no isolation whatsoever, however, switch to the clash live at Shea stadium (a must have for clash fans inmo!) and no outside noise comes through at all.

These headphones at their full price are a bargain, at the $200CAD I got them for on sale at my local Stax dealer they are the steal of the century!

These phones are just sublime, they play jazz, rock, hip hop, classical including heavy Wagner opera all to exquisite levels.

I love having different equipment, when one leaves it for a while and comes back it is like a breath of fresh air!

Just wanted to share a Sunday morning audio nirvana moment with fellow nut cases!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back