Stax 1988 Brochure
Jan 30, 2007 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Stax-i-nox

100+ Head-Fier
This was a 1988 Stax Brochure celebrating Fifty years of Excellence.
lambda.gif
I found this digging through my Stax stuff. It has some very interesting and informative information, especially with all the older Stax equipment out there for sale. Sorry for the size of the pictures...it takes awhile to load if you don't have high speed internet.

StaxBrochure10.jpg

StaxBrochurepg1.jpg

StaxBrochure2.jpg

StaxBrochure3.jpg

StaxBrochure4.jpg

StaxBrochure5.jpg

StaxBrochure6.jpg

StaxBrochure7.jpg

StaxBrochure8.jpg

StaxBrochure9.jpg

Jan 30, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #2 of 7
Thanks a lot for sharing this brochure!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm looking forward to reading every word, thanks!

Jan 30, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm kind of bummed to learn that my Gammas were "Specifically designed for the American market." Having worked for the Japanese back then, I know what they thought of the American hifi market.

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm kind of bummed to learn that my Gammas were "Specifically designed for the American market." Having worked for the Japanese back then, I know what they thought of the American hifi market.

In '85 Stax released the SR-Alpha for the Japanese market which had a 1.5 micron, Pro bias driver, but they probably thought the unit was too high-end and confused the product hierarchy, so released it with the older 2 micron, standard bias driver for the American/European market as the SR-Gamma. The Alpha is effectively the same thing as the later Gamma Pro, its just that the Japanese got them a few years earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back