Status HD Two's vs Creative Aurvana Live!
May 22, 2016 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SelloutHipster

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I wanna buy a pair of portable over-ear headphones (100$ range) and after searching a lot I've found the Status Audio HD Two's, which according to various reviews sound pretty good (and have a very nice design, in my opinion).

I currently own the Creative Aurvana Live!, which I use for listening to music at home. I really like their sound, but I don't like their design enough to wear them outside. My question is, how do the Status HD Two's compare to the CAL! in terms of sound? If the Status HD Two's had similar (or even better) sound quality I'd definitely go ahead and buy them.

By the way, please don't recommend me other headphones. 
Thanks in advance for your answers :D

May 23, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 4
Not really any discussion of those on Head-Fi. Someone suggested that those are reshelled Donscorpio Dolphins:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/740904/status-audio-hd-ones/30#post_12248376

I'd be surprised if anyone has any experience with the Status Audios to make sure that's what they are. You could always take one for the team :)

May 23, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 4
To be honest I don't think I'd ever buy a Chinese brand of headphones, even though they might actually be the same headphones as the Status HD Two's. The price is similar anyway so it's not worth the risk. Oh, and If I ended up buying the Status HD Two's, I don't think my opinion would be reliable enough to be useful, I'm quite new in the audiophile community.
PD: I checked the specs on both the Status HD Two's and the CAL! and they seem pretty similar (again, I don't really understand what the specs mean, but the numbers are almost the same).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back