Status Audio HD Ones
Jan 28, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #16 of 39
I had a similar initial impression...

HOWEVER after 6 hrs or so of burn-in, the sound signature is a lot more open; still a bit midbass fwd, but a far cry from the out of the box sound.

Every headphone needs to burn in, but these seem to get dramatically better with use

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #17 of 39
  I had a similar initial impression...

HOWEVER after 6 hrs or so of burn-in, the sound signature is a lot more open; still a bit midbass fwd, but a far cry from the out of the box sound.

Every headphone needs to burn in, but these seem to get dramatically better with use

Yeah, I agree with this. The sound is much better after burning in.

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #19 of 39
My overall "experience" with the Status is more positive...when I say that, I'm factoring sound/comfort/portability and of course look.

Sonically, the Status headphones are more "fun" -- they color my music in the right way, and make my music big, loud, and exciting. Great soundstage too.

Of course my M50's (I don't have the m40's or the "x" series, but sonically they are all the same) ARE the more accurate headphones. If I was mixing a record or editing video, I would go AT. The detail and neutrality of these headphones are of course well-documented and super impressive.

Just my 2 centz.,..and then of course there is price -- m40's are 2x the cost of status and m50's 3x...

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #20 of 39
  My overall "experience" with the Status is more positive...when I say that, I'm factoring sound/comfort/portability and of course look.

Sonically, the Status headphones are more "fun" -- they color my music in the right way, and make my music big, loud, and exciting. Great soundstage too.

Of course my M50's (I don't have the m40's or the "x" series, but sonically they are all the same) ARE the more accurate headphones. If I was mixing a record or editing video, I would go AT. The detail and neutrality of these headphones are of course well-documented and super impressive.

Just my 2 centz.,..and then of course there is price -- m40's are 2x the cost of status and m50's 3x...

I agree for the most part with this review. The comfort for me is a factor though. The pads are not thick enough, and hurt my ears.

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 39
I am currently using status audio hd and I feel the sound quality is good but, the earpads are not at all comfortable at first it's ok but after few minutes it starts to bother alot....

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #24 of 39
How do these compare with other headphones that can be had in the $30-60 range these days - e.g.: UE 4000, ATH M30X, ATH SJ11/33/55, ATH WS55/55X, etc.; are they worth buying over these offerings?

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #25 of 39
These headphones look a lot like many headphones I've seen on aliexpress.com. Cheapest ones go for $10 with free shipping. Definately oem. Definately ripped of if you pay $49 for these. Not saying these can't be good just that these headphones can be had with a different brand name for a lot less money. Every two weeks headphones like this pop up. Someone sees a bulk of these on taobao. $3 with minimum order of 2000 pieces. Get's a logo printed and sells these under their own brand with 10x price. I have nothing against that. Sometimes we get great products for cheap that we would not otherwise even know about.

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #26 of 39
Got a question for those that own an HD One:

Has anyone noticed that the bass/low end is slightly less pronounced on the left driver compared to the right?. I'm wondering if this is normal or do I have a problem with my headphones?

Initially, these headphones didn't really impress me out of the box, but after a few hours of usage they sound really good.

Also, to the previous post, I didn't see any headphones like this on aliexpress with the exception of a few that knocked off the HD One's design, but are bluetooth headphones. Sure, they might have stolen the appearance, but no doubt they use inferior drivers/parts.

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #27 of 39

Hello there,

I have experienced no such thing yet with my hd ones, had em for a couple of months now. Let me just say right off the bat-i realized I don't like on ears. No matter how good they sounded I just wanted more. To me they sounded muffled at times and felt like cactuses against my eats.

Stay frosty,

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #29 of 39
marcis**** said:
Hello there,

I have experienced no such thing yet with my hd ones, had em for a couple of months now. Let me just say right off the bat-i realized I don't like on ears. No matter how good they sounded I just wanted more. To me they sounded muffled at times and felt like cactuses against my eats.

Stay frosty,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm worried I might have a dud. It's not noticeable under normal use when both left and right channels are enabled, but when I compare the left and right sound by muting one channel, I can hear a very subtle difference where the right channel is slightly better sounding (I made sure it wasn't my ears by flipping the headphones to see if I could hear the difference in my other ear and indeed I could hear one side was better).

I've only had them for a few days, so maybe I need to use them more to let them "burn-in"...

I agree at times these on-ears do cause a bit of discomfort. I heard Status Audio is coming out with an over-ear HD Twos though, which should be more comfortable.

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #30 of 39

Thanks for the reply.

I'm worried I might have a dud. It's not noticeable under normal use when both left and right channels are enabled, but when I compare the left and right sound by muting one channel, I can hear a very subtle difference where the right channel is slightly better sounding (I made sure it wasn't my ears by flipping the headphones to see if I could hear the difference in my other ear and indeed I could hear one side was better).

I've only had them for a few days, so maybe I need to use them more to let them "burn-in"...

I agree at times these on-ears do cause a bit of discomfort. I heard Status Audio is coming out with an over-ear HD Twos though, which should be more comfortable.

Hello there,

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the hd 2s :)

Stay frosty,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back