Status Audio HD Ones
Dec 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 39
I received them a few weeks back.  They ended up under our tree so I didn't get to really listen to them until now.  I have a co-worker that has some wireless beats so to do the comparison we tried with them both wired.  The Beats and the Status sounded very similar.  There was a distinct difference from the beats as you could feel the pulsing of the driver more from the beats than you can the Status.  I think for $49 that this is a good set of headphones but you won't be able to feel much from them if that's what you are looking for.  The comfort is about the same.  My ears had some pain on the outer ear after about an hour of wearing them.  The construction seems ok, nothing fancy, compared to Beats about the same, hopefully they will hold up better as the beats we tested were being held together be some tape as they had been dropped before.  These Status seem lighter as well, maybe due to the Beats I tested against can be wireless if you want them to be.  My other co-worker has misplaced his wired beats so I don't have a true head to head.  I'm only comparing them to Beats as that's what they say they are as good as.  

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 39
I was also able to compare these headphones to some Beats Solo2 and they are more comparable to those headphones.  The Solo 2's had a sturdier heavier feel to them but as far as music reproduction goes these felt more similar to the Solo2 headphones.  

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #9 of 39
I just test them with this site http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php I would have to say that bass is tight to my ears.  It's not muddy.  The more I listen to these the more I like them.  I guess that has to do with the burn in of them?  I also bought a pair for my wife and she has re-iterated how much she loves these headphones.  She said they sound amazing.  I also listened to a couple of tracks that I'm familiar with and i really like what I'm hearing out of these:

http://dandyer.bandcamp.com/track/spend-my-life-with-you

http://www.vevo.com/watch/primus/My-Name-Is-Mud/USIV20300540

Hope that helps.  

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #12 of 39
When I first used these headphones I listened to some Pretty Lights and it sounded excellent; punchy bass and crisp treble (sometimes a little too crisp) were the highlights. Then I listened to some Black Keys and it sounded like I was using my Phillips "The Stretch" headphones (not a compliment). I'll have to listen to these a little more to make judgement, but hey, they made me comment on this site after a few years of lurking so that's something.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 39
Did you burn them in first? I just got mine a few hours ago. They sound pretty good so far good punchy clean bass. I've gone all over the spectrum from Taylor Swift to Reel Big Fish and now Rammstein. Good for the price but not the amazing. Some decent sparkle in the highs. I'll let them burn in before I give full judgement.

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 39
I went ahead and bought a pair. I've bought plenty of sub $100 pairs of headphones that are not that well known, might as well continue on that streak. I am curious if I can mod them at all though...

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #15 of 39
Some quick first impressions:

Congested. Instrumentation sounds really really crowded, there's no real depth to the music I'm listening to, ergo the sound stage is almost nil. 

However, they do not sound horrible. There is a midbass hump, but's it's not overpowering that it totally covers up the midrange. It's definitely set to V shaped sound though. They are much darker when compared to my Donscorpio Dolphins. I do wish, however, there was more detail in the instrument instrumentation, it's actually sort of frustrating. I will also see what mods I can possibly do to the headphones, especially to the rather uncomfortable ear pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back