Static with HJE50?
Jul 27, 2005 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bluelizard

New Head-Fier
I purchased a pair of Panasonic RP-HJE50 from Best Buy.

I read from someone on this board about a static problem with these

earphones, and now, having them, I find it to be rather conspicuous. The

"hissing" static was very noticeable, much more so than the MX400 I had before,

and especially when I listened to a very silent song such as Beethoven's

Moonlight Sontata.

Is this a defect or just how the HJE50 is?

Jul 27, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 8
I think I may have the same problem, on very silent tracks I hear noises, but I would call it more of a hiss rather than a static noise. I always assumed it was due to the noisy analog amp on my MD player as the noise doesn't exist when I run it from my soundcard, maybe you should try listening to them out of something else? What source are you using at the moment?

Jul 27, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 8
Yes, it's more of a hiss. I'm listening it from my iRiver IFP-190. And I also connected it to my computer to find the same result. It's not a major problem, but it can be quite irritating on quiet tracks.

Jul 28, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by renesis_au
What kind of soundcard are you using?

I'm not really sure. But I didn't have this issue with MX400, so I don't think the sound sources are the problem...
confused.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #7 of 8
I'm no expert but I believe the HJE50s are a sensitive pair or IEMs therefore it would probably be more prone to hissing, that is why you don't hear the static with the MX400s. Maybe a more experience head-fier can help you out here.

Jul 28, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 8
static shouldnt your ears get shocked. i think its just hissing, alot of low impedance canalphones does it. this one is probably 16omhs, if it has more it probably wouldnt hiss or hiss as much. i made myself an impedence converter for these kind of situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back