Static while listening to ipod 160gb classic
Jun 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kingonly

New Head-Fier
I just bought a brand new iPod classic back in late February early march and I am starting to notice bursts of static or fuzz while listening to music. At first I just thought it was because of the ear buds I was using (I use the factory buds while at work); but I just bought a new pair of AKGs and starting to hear it on there as well. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Jun 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 6
What AKGs are you using?

Does the static appear in all tracks?

Does the static appear when not playing any music, but with the unit powered up?

Is the battery full when you hear the static?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
What AKGs are you using?

Does the static appear in all tracks?

Does the static appear when not playing any music, but with the unit powered up?

Is the battery full when you hear the static?

I'm using the K271 MKII, and it doesn't happen on all tracks. Like I said though; it was happening with the factory earbuds that came with the ipod. The battery was under half when I started noticing the problem. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 6
bursts of static or fuzz while listening to music. ..... new pair of AKGs and starting to hear it on there as well. Any ideas what might be causing this?

It could be equalizer or tone settings causing clipping. Restore any eq or bass/treble settings to default (zero or flat) to check.

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
It could be equalizer or tone settings causing clipping. Restore any eq or bass/treble settings to default (zero or flat) to check.

I kind of thinking that might be the problem; which will be even more annoying because I have the EQs set differently some songs. Leave it to bands like U2 to have an acoustic and dance song next to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back