Static when playing music
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Doorbell

100+ Head-Fier
When ever I listen to music with my headphones I hear bit of static when the music hits higher notes or during solos. At first I thought maybe something was wrong with my m50's but then I noticed the same thing with my d1100s. So I listening to the same song on my computer then on my ipod and the music came out clear on my ipod so its definitely not my headphones.

My music is in 320kbps and i'm using a e7.

Can anybody help me out with this? The static is getting annoying.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 8
Try turning the volume down in your player (not the computer master volume).  With some web radio players I have to turn the player's volume down or I get distortion in loud passages - it feeds the system too hot a signal.

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 8
Go to  Control Panel/ Audio Devices, or something alike,  disable everything you are not using, and save.
Sometimes it works.

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 8
I had same experience with my m50, although I use it connected straight to cowon j3. I thought it was music problem, so I even bought CDs with the songs that had statics in and compared the mp3s to lossless. It was still there. I concluded it was just badly mastered recordings... Maybe you should check. Is the static noise in high range apparent in other songs as well? Or is it just in some of the songs? This might be a good indicator as to what is the source of the problem...

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 8
I had some systems with VIA and NVIDIA chipsets that would act stupid with sound, make it skip, add artifacts, have the whole system skip beats, etc. and they were AMD-based.  Since I went with Intel for CPU and chipsets I've never looked back.

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #8 of 8
Can you name some songs and the exact minute of when that happens so we can check? As Juman said, there are a lot of bad recordings, I notice it myself in metal music most of the time when the notes are very high. If that's the case it could be that the Ipod just doesn't have the same level of detail than the Fiio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back