static problems with playback
Jun 30, 2006 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Eisenhower

500+ Head-Fier
When music is playing back, there will be some wierd faint static clicks here and there, Its not my amp because I tried a few and they all have the same problem. The static goes away once a while... maybe its a software problem? Im running foobar, and my emu patch mix is default.

Jun 30, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower
When music is playing back, there will be some wierd faint static clicks here and there, Its not my amp because I tried a few and they all have the same problem. The static goes away once a while... maybe its a software problem? Im running foobar, and my emu patch mix is default.

Which driver mode (ASIO, WDM, DirectSound, MME, etc.)?

Have you tried by increasing the output latency (buffer)? --> ~20 ms - ~100 ms (~1024 - ~4096 samples @ 44.1 kHz) can be used when you're just playing back.

jiitee

Jun 30, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
Which driver mode (ASIO, WDM, DirectSound, MME, etc.)?

Have you tried by increasing the output latency (buffer)? --> ~20 ms - ~100 ms (~1024 - ~4096 samples @ 44.1 kHz) can be used when you're just playing back.

jiitee

Its set on DS: primary sound driver.

the staticy clicking has seem to have gone away for now, If it comes back, I'll change the buffer like you suggested (its at 1000 ms right now)

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower
Its set on DS: primary sound driver.

the staticy clicking has seem to have gone away for now, If it comes back, I'll change the buffer like you suggested (its at 1000 ms right now)

DirectSound is not the best choice --> it gets disturbed quite easy by system sounds/web audio/etc..

Try Kernel Streaming or ASIO plug-ins instead.

0.8.x:
KS were w/ the installer
ASIO plugin - http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=29879

0.9.x
ASIO & KS - http://www.foobar2000.org/components/index.html

jiitee

Jun 30, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 5
I assume to switch to kernel streaming after its installed in the components folder, I should switch the output device to "KS: E-DSP wave" ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back