Static noise when audio is played, goes away 4 seconds after audio stops.
Aug 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zetoo

New Head-Fier
I think my headphones disable themselves when no audio is played, and that is the reason why there's not always white noise, but only when audio is played and shortly after.
When the white noise starts and stops, there's a clear 'pop' sound.

The noise sometimes appear when browsing the web.

My headphones are Razer Kraken Forged connected with jackstick to my laptop. The microphone of the laptop is disabled.
I have a headset, Siberia V2, this headset works fine and there is no white noise.

I have 4 replaceable cables for my headphones. It does not matter which cable I use, the noise is still there. When I restart my laptop there are no problems for the first few minutes, but eventually the white noise starts.

Any clues besides staying away from Razer?

EDIT: The static noise is mostly played in the right side (95%), but if I listen closely I can also hear it in the left side.

EDIT2: No static noise on my desktop. Only laptop.

EDIT3: It happens both when the laptop is plugged in and out. My laptop has 16GB RAM and my desktop has 8GB RAM.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 7
Other processes on the computer can cause glitches in the audio. If you close browser, email, and other applications on your laptop, and the static goes away while u are listening to music, then there's your answer.
Since it happens on your laptop and not your desktop, that may make sense, since desktop may have more RAM and more capabilities overall.

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Other processes on the computer can cause glitches in the audio. If you close browser, email, and other applications on your laptop, and the static goes away while u are listening to music, then there's your answer.
Since it happens on your laptop and not your desktop, that may make sense, since desktop may have more RAM and more capabilities overall.

Are you thinking what I am, and that the Razer headset is just more sensitive than his Siberia headset?  So he just can't hear the white noise on the other headset, even though it's still being produced?

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the edit; hm, laptop has twice the RAM, so obviously that's not the problem. Does the noise go away if you close all your applications beside the music player? Give it an hour long try that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back