Static IP
Oct 25, 2019 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zan.Tiago

Head-Fier
Good morning, everyone

Does someone know, how can I connect two PCs together without a home network ?

It's possible to connect Control PC to Audio PC just with a LAN cable ? Static IP ?

The idea is to have a dual PC set up without a home network, I don't need internet at all.

Thank you in advance!

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Good morning, everyone

Does someone know, how can I connect two PCs together without a home network ?

It's possible to connect Control PC to Audio PC just with a LAN cable ? Static IP ?

The idea is to have a dual PC set up without a home network, I don't need internet at all.

Thank you in advance!

Put them in the same workgroup and use an Ethernet crossover cable, though it would be less problematic in the long run to connect them via an inexpensive switch.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+can+I+connect+two+PCs+together+without+a+home+network&s=g

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #4 of 4
Most ports are auto sensing/switching today.
You probably don't need a crossover cable.

You have to set the DHCP manually.
As bfreedma pointed out, you can probably save yourself a lot of problems using a switch as it does the DHCP stuff for you.

Auto sensing generally works, but I measure occasional data gaps as the ports negotiate the connection with a straight cable. It probably won’t be an issue with general data transfer but occasionally may impact audio/video.

agree that it’s better to avoid a direct connection by using an inexpensive switch/router with DHCP, which will add wireless capability as well. Wireless can always be disabled if unwanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back