Static in one side of E4g's
Sep 19, 2006 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

coriolis

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, great forum here. I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll do so anyways, if its wrong, feel free to move it.

Anyways, I have been using a pair of E3c's for about 2 years now, last month, just been given a pair of E4g's and for the past 3~ weeks, they've been nothing but heaven. However, last night I was listening to them while going home on the Subway, everything was alright and I was enjoying my tunes on my Sony Ericsson W800i. But the part that confuses me is that, the next morning, I put on my E4g's to go to school, the left earpiece now has static that goes along with the bass, it's mediocre when you are staying put, but once there is any sort of movement, the static is quite irratating.

I opened up the earpiece to see if anything was stuck, like a pebble, a bug or even, earwax(ewww), but there was nothing. Does anyone have any ideas what to do now? Should I send it in to be repaired? And if so, where? I am in Toronto, Canada. I got it as a gift actually, so I don't have any receipts or whatnot(I think it was off eBay...).

Thanks in advance!

-cori

Sep 19, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Funny you should post this; I just sent my E4Gs in for repair for the exact same problem. I think the cable is the culprit, because the sound would go in and out when I wiggled it. Then it stopped working completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back