Static electricity
Jun 16, 2005 at 4:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Vinny77

100+ Head-Fier
I have an Audigy 2 ZS, before it I had DSp-500 heaphones. My house has alot of Static electricity and, the microphones always get staticy, I dont know why or how to fix it. When I discharge the mini-plig or unplug the usb, it fixes it but in a few minutes, it comes back. I have a Humidifyer running sometimes and it helps a little bit.

Anybody have any other suggestions.

Jun 17, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgunner
Do you have a good surge protector? Is your computer and equipment completely grounded? Is your house or apartment grounded properly?

Ditto. You should go to a hardware store and get a outlet tester to be sure that your house/apartment is wired correctly.

Jun 19, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 6
It sounds like that outlet isn't grounded properly. If you can, turn off the circuit that powers that outlet (at your fuse or breaker box), take the cover off, and look to see if all the wires are correctly attached. If they are then there's either a problem with the wiring at your circuit breaker/fuse panel for that circuit, the wiring in your house on that circuit, or the tester. Also, if the outlet is a GFCI or on a GFCI circuit that may be normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back