Static/Crackling Sound From Sugden CDMaster
Jul 10, 2007 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chaostheory1980

Head-Fier
I really need some help, i have a sugden bijiou cdmaster and recently it has started producing a static crackle/popping sound when i am playing cd's, its a quiet sound but there is just enough of it there to annoy me, especially during late night listening sessions. I have tried the allsop carbon-edge cd lens cleaner to see if this will help, and it's not done a damn thing. I've also tried the Denson de-magic disc and again nothing. I'm starting to get quite worried that something major is going/about to go wrong, can anyone please suggest anything that i can do? My setup is a marantz pm6010ose with a sugden headmaster and cdmaster, the cdmaster is plugged straight into the headmaster which then goes through to the marantz. I know its not the cables as i've changed near enough everything over.
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 2
I know it is two years since you posted your problem, but I had the same prob and posted the player back to Sugden in Yorkshire, England for repair.
I havent had it back yet as I write, but it looks like a problem only Sugden will be able to fix - I tried the system enhancers and lens cleaner routes without luck. By the way; I encountered further problems which included misreading of the discs which is obviously a transport problem.
Sugden's postal address is on their website.
Cheeers, Dave H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back