Static comeing from speakers
Oct 5, 2015 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

briansun1

New Head-Fier
So, I recently bought new speakers I was on a budget so I decided to get a set of Dayton B652s connected to a Lepai 2020a+ amp. I got everything set up, but there's a slight crackling/buzzing coming from the left speaker and a soft hissing from the right one. The static is still there even if the amp isn't connected to an audio source and I've tried it in a different room. I think it's the speakers because the static sound doesn't change if I swap how there connected to the amp. It's not very noticeable, but I was wondering if there's anyway to fix this or if there's a problem.

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 3
  So, I recently bought new speakers I was on a budget so I decided to get a set of Dayton B652s connected to a Lepai 2020a+ amp. I got everything set up, but there's a slight crackling/buzzing coming from the left speaker and a soft hissing from the right one. The static is still there even if the amp isn't connected to an audio source and I've tried it in a different room. I think it's the speakers because the static sound doesn't change if I swap how there connected to the amp. It's not very noticeable, but I was wondering if there's anyway to fix this or if there's a problem.

Your Lepai is not an expensive amp, but it still should work properly. I would send it back as being defective, and hope the replacement is an improvement. I doubt the speakers are the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back