static/clicking noise when walking RHA MA750
Nov 18, 2014 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

msd94

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I purchased the RHA-MA750 to be used with iphone 5 with recommendations from here for a replacement for my klipsch s4 (old version). I would be satisfied with them, but static buildup making a shocking or clicking noise as i walk makes these almost unusable. my first pair was completely unusable and i discovered it was defective.

As soon as i got the first pair right out of the box with every single step it had so many clicking noises i couldn't even tell what song was playing. The second pair i got after contacting the RMA service worked fine for about a month, with clicks only once or twice a day. I've babied these headphones as i expected them to last for at least as long as my s4's did which was 3 years, my s4's were stolen and didn't break so they're still working for somebody after 3 years.

The only way to prevent the static noise is to hold my phone everywhere that i walk, which i can't always do if my hands are full. I was hoping there would be some way to prevent this noise. does anyone have any idea what I could do?

Thank you!

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 9
I would just contact RHA again for another replacement. If it isn't your fault, you shouldn't have to bend over backwards to fix them. And to be Frank, I'm not a huge fan of RHA. I don't think their products are well made, nor do I like the way they conduct their business. You're better off purchasing earphones from a different company next time.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 9

I don't plan to purchase from them again, but these are $120 headphones and I don't buy headphones very often. as i said my Klipsch were 3 years old and still working just fine, I don't like what i've heard about their new cables but I may still buy another pair since they're more comfortable and just seem to be much better quality overall even if the sound on these is slightly nicer when not so hard to listen to because of the static. but until i can get a replacement at the very least I was hoping to make these usable.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 9
  I don't plan to purchase from them again, but these are $120 headphones and I don't buy headphones very often. as i said my Klipsch were 3 years old and still working just fine, I don't like what i've heard about their new cables but I may still buy another pair since they're more comfortable and just seem to be much better quality overall even if the sound on these is slightly nicer when not so hard to listen to because of the static. but until i can get a replacement at the very least I was hoping to make these usable.

There are better earphones in the $100 range than Klipsch. Just ask around the next time. Well, ask around and note that build quality of importance. lol

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 9
  There are better earphones in the $100 range than Klipsch. Just ask around the next time. Well, ask around and note that build quality of importance. lol

Check my previous post, I did. I needed something with good noise isolation, build quality, and sound quality. my s4's were exceptional in the first 2, and acceptable for sound quality.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 9
  Check my previous post, I did. I needed something with good noise isolation, build quality, and sound quality. my s4's were exceptional in the first 2, and acceptable for sound quality.

Well, I dunno what your preferences are, but Sennheiser, Shure, and Westone earphones are known for all the above. Plus they have exceptional customer service.
etysmile.gif
 I suggest you opt for one of their IEMs in the future. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 9
I'm hoping this is an isolated case and not the norm across 20% or so of purchases.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #9 of 9
  Hi everyone, I purchased the RHA-MA750 to be used with iphone 5 with recommendations from here for a replacement for my klipsch s4 (old version). I would be satisfied with them, but static buildup making a shocking or clicking noise as i walk makes these almost unusable. my first pair was completely unusable and i discovered it was defective.

As soon as i got the first pair right out of the box with every single step it had so many clicking noises i couldn't even tell what song was playing. The second pair i got after contacting the RMA service worked fine for about a month, with clicks only once or twice a day. I've babied these headphones as i expected them to last for at least as long as my s4's did which was 3 years, my s4's were stolen and didn't break so they're still working for somebody after 3 years.

The only way to prevent the static noise is to hold my phone everywhere that i walk, which i can't always do if my hands are full. I was hoping there would be some way to prevent this noise. does anyone have any idea what I could do?

Thank you!

Hey msd94,

Just spotted this thread, and wanted to ask that if you've not already dropped our team a message via the website, you absolutely should. I personally haven't heard of this issue occuring before, so it's probably best to give them a shout and see what they can advise. Here's the link to the form.

Normal first response times are within 24 hours, so they should have an update for you pretty quickly.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

RHA Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back