State of the art DIY TUBE amp, any idea???
Mar 20, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #91 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there are simply too many ways to go about this

Too many ways to run a successful engineering design project? Thirty years real-world engineering experience says no.

Too many ways for Head-Fi to progress with the question as posed in the opening post? Yup, you're absolutely right!

I can see why runeight withdrew from the thread.

Oh well, good luck gentlemen.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #92 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too many ways to run a successful engineering design project? Thirty years real-world engineering experience says no.

When the group dosnt know if they are designing a bridge, dam, HVAC system, transmission, or something else. Yes there are too many ways to go about it. To make matters worse, people prefer designing certain ones of those even though they may have info that could help the others from time to time.

The guy who likes to design dams says build one of them. The bridge designer wants to build a bridge. The HVAC engineer says something about that, and the guy who likes gears has that in mind. Before they have even started they are arguing about totally different things.

When the HVAC guy comes out and says Im building this, what do you think, there is a clear direction and everyone throws their 2 bits in the pot as opposed to threads like this where very little has been accomplished.
Quote:

I can see why runeight withdrew from the thread.

In the threads he has started where he says "here is what I have in mind" with a pretty concise focus things have gone well.

Mar 20, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #93 of 93
Quote:

When the group dosnt know if they are designing a bridge, dam, HVAC system, transmission, or something else...

Yes, that was my point... in the real-world there is a process for defining the fundamentals of a project, and that is missing here. It's the bit before, and leading up to, the question of "is it a a bridge, dam, HVAC system, transmission...".

Without the will to establish the fundamantals of a project any idea in forum land will never fly.

Such is life.

Quote:

In the threads he has started where he says "here is what I have in mind" with a pretty concise focus things have gone well.

Yes, no doubt. I wish him success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back