State of HeadRoom Report
Mar 9, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #16 of 75
wow, what a report. Nice to hear about the inner workings happening at Headroom

I'm sad to see the 10% discount go of course, it was great to have it while it lasted.

Mar 9, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #17 of 75
Great report Tyll and congrats on the successful transition of the new HeadRoom identity and product lines. I think I speak for most when I say we really appreciate all that you've done for the headphone community and Head-Fi in particular. Keep up the great work and best of luck this year with the corporate restructuring.

Mar 9, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens

HeadRoom Logo Change

HeadRoom Product Line Change

Summer Head-Fi Meet Tour

HeadRoom Management Re-engineering

The Head-Fi Discount

The First Annual National Head-Fi Meet

Ah Tyll but there's something Headroom didn't do last year: Frequency response measurements of the HP-2's, R10's, PS1's, and L3000!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now seriously, congratulations on all the achievements!

Mar 9, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #19 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Ah Tyll but there's something Headroom didn't do last year: Frequency response measurements of the HP-2's, R10's, PS1's, and L3000!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now seriously, congratulations on all the achievements!

Nobody has sent any to us. Do you have these models? We'll be happy to measure them. We finally got measurements back up on the web without crashing our server. Now we need to catch up on measuring all the new headphones we've got. We do hope to have our measurement data updated soon.

Mar 9, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 75
Quote:

who puts the word Head-Fi in the coupon box on an order will have 5% of the proceeds from any HeadRoom amp purchased donated to Head-Fi

Tyll So this is only on "HeadRoom Amps" that the 5% goes to Head-Fi?

1) Reduce discount 10% to 5%
2) Make only for HeadRoom Amps (less then 20% total sales.. guessing correct me?)
3) Need to put the Words "Head-Fi" (which I am guessing is less likely because no direct benefit to buyer)

I dont care either way, but in my eyes more like the discount is gone and this isn't really a equal replacement. But this is business and I understand the move. I also can't see Jude getting to much money from this. But from Jude's stand point he wasn't getting anything before, so this is good. Maybe a few less people being members because they don't have a discount to Headroom. Which at one time, when I was interested in Micro-DAC, I would have become a member for that reason.

Personally, if it did come down to a few dollars I would buy from Headroom and I have bought from Headroom in the past. No hard feeling and if Headroom has the product, I want within the few dollars, I go your direction.

-Chris

Mar 9, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 75
Tyll, congratulations on HeadRoom's transition to a more "mature" model. Though it may be a little less fun
frown.gif
than the days when that kind of organization is optional, it's great to hear that the change is driven by your success and growth.

I continue to patronize HeadRoom frequently and preferentially when I shop for gear. The excellence of your products and customer service mean that the discontinuation of the discount will never make a difference to me. I'm glad you're supporting Head-Fi in the way that you are.

I love my Micro DAC. Thanks for building it!

Jamey, big big thanks to you for finding that last HeadRoom Switchbox for me. I really appreciate the extra effort you went to, and that switchbox has become a key part of my rig. Thanks also for putting up with my bizarre "two Amex gift cards I received, plus CC to make up the difference" payment request.

I look forward to being your customer for a long time to come.

Mar 9, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #22 of 75
Tyll, congratulations on another great year for HeadRoom, and sincere best wishes for continued success.

Thank you for such a revealing, educational, and heartfelt post. It's obvious that HeadRoom and Head-Fi have a synergistic, organic relationship that we all as members benefit from. I certainly share your views and experience that the best part of it all is the community of phreaks that willingly share the love and enthusiasm for our hobby, and by extension, each other both here at Head-Fi, and in the fantastic meets that we can attend or experience vicariously.

I'll miss the 10%, but 5% for Jude ain't a bad compromise.

Mar 9, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #23 of 75
Quote:

No need to enter your name, and sorry, it does not count towards your membership contribution.

I'm a bit worried that without any incentive such as this, that after a relatively short period of time, no one will remember to mention this in their purchases.

Thanks for all your great work though Tyll!

Mar 9, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #24 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
I'm a bit worried that without any incentive such as this, that after a relatively short period of time, no one will remember to mention this in their purchases.

Thanks for all your great work though Tyll!

I agree. I don't think Jude is going to get much from this anyways. But if the prices at HeadRoom can be more competitive, I am all for it.

And after a fews years I would expect a decrease in the amount Jude receives because people will forgot about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
I'll miss the 10%, but 5% for Jude ain't a bad compromise.

Again I remind people it is 5% on HeadRoom amps, not in the total sales.

Mar 9, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #25 of 75
Nuts, I will miss that discount. I would've preferred having levels of contributing go towards higher and higher discounts personally, but I do realize Headroom needs to makes money and a 5% donation to Jude for each amp just for mentioning head-fi is nice. Though I do worry that now people who were contributing for the contributors discount at Headroom won't anymore...

Glad you all at Headroom had a prosperous year anyways!

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
Nobody has sent any to us. Do you have these models? We'll be happy to measure them. We finally got measurements back up on the web without crashing our server. Now we need to catch up on measuring all the new headphones we've got. We do hope to have our measurement data updated soon.

Hi Jamey,
No I don't have any of those models, if I had any of them I would have sent them to you, remember this thread I created some time ago asking headfiers for some help and cooperation to finally get measurements of these big leaguers.
Most speakers, especially high-end ones, get measurements published even before they make it to the market. I think in the world of headphones we are lagging behind badly in this respect. We still don't have professional measurements of most of the majority of the big leaguers. Of course this is not really Headroom's responsibility, in fact on the contrary, I think it is actually a great contribution that you guys have made so far in this respect.

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #28 of 75
Hi Raul,

Yes, I remember. I hope to have my own pair of R10's someday if I'm lucky. Thanks for the support. You'll be seeing some updates soon. Hopefully that will inspire more people to send us their treasures. It will be interesting to see how some of the modifications to headphones effect the sound.

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #29 of 75
Quote:

The First Annual National Head-Fi Meet
As I have called various vendors and asked them to participate in this event

WOW!

I always thought the meet was put together by immtbiker and a few other HEADFI'ERS....????

I am glad your helping out but with all due respect from My impression of the above is more then helping out...which is cool but a meet is done by people of head-fi and not companies...atleast to me.
sounds like you really put a big step in it huh?

Mar 10, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #30 of 75
Quote:

Just do me a favor and keep checking our prices along with your other shopping habits and give me some time; I believe within a year we should have strongly competative pricing ...

Will *definitely* do, Tyll... in fact, Headroom is always the first place I check when I'm looking for a new pair of cans (or even a cable). Your website has been a valuable resource not only for buying, but in researching a pair of cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back