State of HeadRoom Report
Mar 22, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdaq
Good point, though it should be noted, that requires a Premier or Business account, which means you are charged to receive payments.

Though certainly not an option for everyone, if you have multiple bank accounts you can have two paypal accounts, one premier, one normal. It's even officially allowed by paypal.

Mar 27, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #65 of 75
The discontinued amp section was causing some confusion withour customers so we turned it off. If you like it's a significant loss, we'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,
Jamey

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #66 of 75
I've been away from Head-Fi for quite some time and came back before buying a new Bithead for a buddy of mine (I've had one for years and been quite happy with it). I thought I'd see what people had to say about the current rev and see if there was any Head-Fi discount floating around
wink.gif

Of course, I came across this post. No more discounts.

Good. As much as I liked them, I never thought they made much sense anyway econimically for Headroom. I ordered the new item with the HEAD-FI code -- I hope this helps the board.

Cheers to you Tyll -- you guys have a quality organization with quality products. BTW, you ought to be a blogger.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #67 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwooda
BTW, you ought to be a blogger.

Geez! As if I don't waiste enough time dabbling here and avoiding my official writting duties, I should add more!? Really!? What would you expect me to write about?

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #68 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
The discontinued amp section was causing some confusion withour customers so we turned it off. If you like it's a significant loss, we'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,
Jamey

Jamey,

I think it's not the end of the world but perhaps that information just belongs in a portion of the site a bit more buried so that it causes less confusion? I think it was great to be able to see where you guys came from compared to where you're at.

My 2c,

Nate

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #69 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
I think it's not the end of the world but perhaps that information just belongs in a portion of the site a bit more buried so that it causes less confusion?

I think it just needs to be on the site in a format that is less store-like, and not in with the new amps. that's probably what was confusing people.

I feel it's great info, in fact, as time goes by and more new generations are released it might even be interesting to have more technical details on the changes made over time (parts, measurments, etc). It would be amazingly unique information on the evolution of a full line of audio gear that would help set Headroom apart (as if they don't already
wink.gif
).

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #70 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey

Thanks,
Jamey

i found it usefull to know what the older amps are, and just what they had to offer. As posted above, perhpaps if they were listed as an archive section not as "older amps" there might be less confusion, if that is what the confusion is.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #71 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Geez! As if I don't waiste enough time dabbling here and avoiding my official writting duties, I should add more!? Really!? What would you expect me to write about?

Back in the days of "sour grapes" it was clear that you had a lot to say / write about / etc. IMHO (and unsolicited), is that you would easily become a well-read audiophile / headphone / etc. blogger. You've got the quals.

The reasons for doing it are myriad, but of course, only if you want to. I'm no blogging evangelist (though I do blog myself) -- but I bet you would raise your profile.

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #72 of 75
Mmmm. It's an interesting point. I bet I could put up an entry every couople of days. It would be pretty wierd though. I don't know if I really want to raise my "profile". I'd rather raise HeadRoom's profile and go play ukulele on the beach. But I hear you, and if I could be unorthodox enough it might be fun. But I wouldn't want it to hurt Headroom's brand. How do I deal with that?

PS I've always loved your avatar. I got three kids at home and three out of the nest and they are the most amazing things in my life.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #73 of 75
Quote:

But I hear you, and if I could be unorthodox enough it might be fun. But I wouldn't want it to hurt Headroom's brand. How do I deal with that?

I honestly doubt you would hurt Headroom's brand. Unless it turns out you are a major nut.
evil_smiley.gif
Of course your concern is a legitimate one. Check out my blog: http://et.cairene.net and decide for yourself: Am I hurting the brand of my company, http://digipede.net?

I recommend the book by Scoble/Israel: Naked Conversations. It talks about the whys and hows of corporate blogging. It isn't all tech companies, either. I was planning on reviewing it, but haven't gotten around to it.

Quote:

PS I've always loved your avatar. I got three kids at home and three out of the nest and they are the most amazing things in my life.

Thanks. Funny that that kid is now almost 5 and my daughter is a big 2 1/2 -- that picture feels like it is 10 years old.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #74 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwooda
Unless it turns out you are a major nut.
evil_smiley.gif

Clearly you have not seen enough pictures of Tyll
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #75 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Clearly you have not seen enough pictures of Tyll
smily_headphones1.gif

heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back