Stashing Canalphones in Pocket
Jul 18, 2005 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all,

Ehh. I've recently started to use the E4C's a lot more outside of the house (due to the arrival of the X5.. X5 + E4C = bliss). I really, really hate having to wind up the E4Cs and then putting them in the carrying case - is it generally alright to stash them in the same pocket as the X5?

Jul 18, 2005 at 8:12 AM Post #2 of 11
I'm put my super.fi 5 pro in small bag together with iPod and then everything go to my notebook backpack.

Jul 18, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 11
I wind mine up around my X5 and put them in a pocket in my bag. Did that with my E3s for over a year on my 120 and never had a problem. I wouldnt worry about it as long as you dont get any sharp bends or creases in the wiring. Worst that can happen is your ear buds wear out faster from rubbing against material.

Jul 18, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 11
sometimes when shoving ear buds in your pocket, the edge of the pocket opening will catch on to whatever tip you're using and make it fall out. one tip loss can be a great loss!

well, this only really happens to me usually
frown.gif
. the tighter the pocket, the harder it is to store ear buds/mp3 player or anything else really.

Jul 18, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 11
Try using a small ziplock bag or some other type of small bag that would afford a level of protection.

Jul 18, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 11
You can do what I and a lot of others have done and remove the spool from the pouch. You'll need to glue the outer "Shure" plastic disc to the case to keep it on afterwards though.

--

I forgot to mention the point of this:

After doing this you can simply spool your phones around 2-3 fingers and immediately stash them into the case. Much faster and less strain on the cord.

Jul 18, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 11
You can put the phones in the provided case without winding the cable.

Quote:

You can do what I and a lot of others have done and remove the spool from the pouch. You'll need to glue the outer "Shure" plastic disc to the case to keep it on afterwards though.

The E4C case doesn't have the spool.

Jul 18, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan

--

I forgot to mention the point of this:

After doing this you can simply spool your phones around 2-3 fingers and immediately stash them into the case. Much faster and less strain on the cord.

This is exactly how I store my e2c. Easy and quick.

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 11
When I use my E2cs behind the neck (cord down the back of my shirt) I take them out of my ears and lay them under the front side of my shirt. With one headphone on each side of my neck. Just move the cord adjuster down all the way so they hang low on your chest. This way all cords and headphones are under my clothing. It works very well; no one will know they are there and it also saves time on reinsertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back