Starving Student Troubleshooting
Nov 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

smrtby123

100+ Head-Fier
Edit: Fixed, working perfectly now.

So the Beezar SSH kit is all together, but flipping the powerswitch does nada. Not quite sure where to go from here with troubleshooting since all of the connections seem good, and the solder joints all look good. The only thing I can think of is that the tubes aren't making full contact with the sockets, but I checked with my DMM and it seems they are ok. When I opened the sockets I loosened the connections so I didn't have to jam the tubes in so hard, but they seem to be connected.

Ignore my pleas for help:
I am a moron who doesn't understand basic electrical principles. If you don't have the insulating washer between the MOSFET and the screw holding it in, it will obviously short to ground. Fixed my stupid mistake and it works beautifully.

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 3
What do you measure (in DC Volts) across the B+ and G pads? [edit]It actually doesn't matter if you have the switch on or off for this measurement, only that you have the wall wart/power supply plugged in.

I'm guessing you wired up the DC jack incorrectly, it's a common mistake. It'd also be a good idea to post some pictures of the board and the panel components you used which will make it much easier for folks to help out.

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Sounds like everything's fixed, but a word to the wise: The Cisco power supply has a VERY good circuit breaker. If you try to start up the amp and get nothing, nada - nowhere, the first thing to look for is a short. The Cisco will cut off immediately; so quick that you will think the power supply doesn't work, but a quick measurement with it disconnected from the amp will prove otherwise.
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. I hope you had a good turkey day, Nate!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back