Starving Student PCB's
Mar 2, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #347 of 392
Hi,

I'm wanting to build the SSMH over the summer for a beginner project.
Is there any way I can still get these boards? I'd only like a single one please!
Read back in the thread for a guy named Fred I remember about a year and a half ago I bought a simple circuit board for him it came as a little Greenish fiberglass circuit board with nothing more than screen print and holes . I was working on remaking the circuitboard on a Circuit design software so I can send in the Gerber files and have them remade brand new I got about 90% finished but then went through a house move and work got too busy I may tackle that project again because I too want a circuit board

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #349 of 392
05015BC7-71BF-445E-B54D-0E4313E7C2A1.jpeg
For comparison sitting on a notebook paper the red one above is a Millett Max max below is the starving student divided up into two small circuit boards

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #350 of 392
For comparison sitting on a notebook paper the red one above is a Millett Max max below is the starving student divided up into two small circuit boards

Just for clarification you have two starving student boards there :)

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #351 of 392
The boards are still available, but we are reaching the shallow end and they will run out soon

Boards are $3.75US each

postage in Australia is $4.00

worldwide airmail $5.00US for up to 2 boards, then it jumps to $10.00US for up to 250g

send me your email address plus the number you want and I'll send a Paypal invoice

cheers
FRED

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #352 of 392
Just for clarification you have two starving student boards there :)
Yes Fred thank you I will edit my remarks and clarify there’s two boreds sitting there I was doing that response and reply on the fly while I was driving in my car at the same time not paying much attention thank you for bringing it to my attention so I can clarify it to others and also thank you for your boards

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #353 of 392
The boards are still available, but we are reaching the shallow end and they will run out soon

Boards are $3.75US each

postage in Australia is $4.00

worldwide airmail $5.00US for up to 2 boards, then it jumps to $10.00US for up to 250g

send me your email address plus the number you want and I'll send a Paypal invoice

cheers
FRED
I PM'd you

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #355 of 392
Hi all,

So I've finished building the amp from Fred's board - however its not working!

Heaters on the tube warm up, MOSFETs get hot, but no audio comes through the headphones when plugged in, and nothing I can see makes any difference?

I've got some photos of both sides, though I've un-plugged some of the connectors to make it a bit easier to see whats going on.

https://imgur.com/a/7IvDUv3

AQFFvlO

Does anyone have an idea what I could try to work out where I've gone wrong?

I used the BOM from here: https://au.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=def7402dc6

And fred's BOM as well for assembly. I think I've got different values on the resistors coming off the input, but that's what was in the mouser BOM, so I installed it

Would really appreciate some help! :)

Thanks,
Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back