"Starting Over House" and brain rot
Mar 11, 2006 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
my wife has been watching this show "starting over house", where they cram a bunch of people with problems in a house and a group of tv show "therapists" try to fix them. the show itself is an unwatchable mix of pseudo-psychology and screaming and tears.

it has gotten to the point where my wife tapes every episode (5 hours a week) and it is now the only show she is interested in watching. i think it is rotting her brain.

since it is all women on the show, of course the husbands and men in general are the cause of all their problems. now she thinks this. i was just sitting next to her while she watched her tape, and i guess my arm was too close to her, because she asked me to move away. i wasn't "respecting her space". her exact words.

every day i hope this stupid toxic show gets cancelled. it's like crack to her.

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Throw the TV out.

"i wasn't "respecting her space"."

You're married just tell her it's community property?

Mitch

yeah, i'm about ready to. this just isn't worth it.

Mar 11, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 18
I'd be more worried about why a show like that appeals to your wife.

Mar 11, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 18
We've been watching and hearing about men and their stupidity and rottenness for years in commercials and the women's channel and oxygen etc. Now, it's hit the mainstream, just as the whole women's movement flames. The thing that amazes me most is that, just like Hollyweird these writers and actors and producers and sponsors believe this garbage. God bless liberal thought.

Mar 11, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoou2
Just put on your cans and listen to some music.

yeah, after a long drive, looking out at the sound for a while, communing with the ducks, i'm home listening to my headphones now. i'm trying to relax but this has got me really peeved.

yeah, she's got awful taste in tv.

Mar 12, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #11 of 18
Would this be the appropriate thread to vent about my husband's love of the show Cheaters?

I mean come on, most of these cases are lonely people who went out with someone a month ago, and are plainly just setting them up. Once or twice there may be a "real" case...

but even so - you don't think that maybe it's a red flag when the other person starts avoiding you, and when you ask them what they're doing after work or how they're getting home, they have to think about the answer?

"How late do you have to work tonight?"
"Ummmm..."
"Who did you go out with?"
"Uhhhh..."

rolleyes.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #13 of 18
Not really sure what to tell ya. Is there anything else going on her life to explain this behavior? It seems like her affection for the show might be a symptom of something else occuring...

Anyway, good luck! You're a good guy and you'll figure your way through this.

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #14 of 18
ugh! cheaters is the worst. i did like the episode where the smarmy host got STABBED after confronting someone. that was killer.

thanks blip. she's got probably a dozen self help books, she's big into that stuff. i don't judge her, some of the stuff i'm into (headphones) is pretty strange too. at least she's trying to improve herself. i just wish she wasn't such a sucker for every feel-good guru that comes along, you know?

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
i did like the episode where the smarmy host got STABBED after confronting someone. that was killer.

Whoa! I watched Cheeters only once. My Father happened to be there, and commmented that the host seemed "smarmy". That was the only other instance I've ever heard that word used. I was just thinking about the host being 'smarmy' as I was reading through this thread, right up until I got to your post. How uncanny!

/carry on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back