Starter DAC/Amp to run headphones and speakers
Jan 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Heavensblood

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I don't know if this belongs here. But I am looking for an DAC/Amp combo that would be capable of running cans, and a pair of speakers as seen in my picture. I really don't have to much to spend, but I would like to cut back on the size of amp on my desk. the speakers are a pair of vintage wharfdale E70s. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Matthew 

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 6
It could.  You might be able to get a headphone amp without a DAC and use the tape out on your kenwood amp.

The picture is small, and I don't know the specifications of your speakers or amp.  I've been looking to build a small desktop setup similar to what you want.  I finally decided to put everything off to the side.  You can run cables a pretty long way.  If your kenwood amp has a remote, then keep the remote on your desktop and move the rest somewhere else.

You can get a 50ft optical cable for pretty cheap.  You probably won't need something this long, but it gives you an idea.  http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022904&p_id=2767&seq=1&format=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back