Start planning some meetings
Jan 17, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #16 of 19
I agree with Tuberoller... he is a crusty old person...
tongue.gif

Seriously folks, with the membership closing in on 10,000 I'm surprised we're not seeing more meets. Remember, these don't have to be huge events hosted at a vendor or a retailer. Start small, even mini-meets can be lots of fun. If you've got any interest in hosting or organizing a meet, I strongly suggest you read what I call Tuberoller's "Organizing a Meet 101". Great straightforward advice from someone well versed in planning meets. Read it. And step up to the plate.
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
I've offered to hold a Waterloo meet but so far no one has shown any interest.

*shrugs*

Biggie.

Hey man,
If you are serious, post another interest thread in the meetings forum with some proposed dates and maybe PM some folks you know live near you. I would love to attend a meet in Waterloo and meet some of the nearby Head-fiers. Get it done and you have my full support.

I think the pics from the Milwuakee meet will encourage some of you guys to step up. I really think this is gonna be a great time and may be bit looser than the Chicago meets since we'll have fewer people in attendance. The last two Chicago meets were cool,but they went on a little too long and there were too many folks there.

Jan 17, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 19
Hey, I'm not crusty!!

Sadly, It does not look like a Portland meet will happen again. Neruda and Kwarth are MIA, and several others are no longer in the area. I think myself and SuperJohnny(?) are the only Portland Head-Fi'ers left.
frown.gif

Jan 17, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Hey man,
If you are serious, post another interest thread in the meetings forum with some proposed dates and maybe PM some folks you know live near you. I would love to attend a meet in Waterloo and meet some of the nearby Head-fiers. Get it done and you have my full support.

Done and done.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back