Stars Fight: ER-4P vs Atrio M5 vs SuperFi 5Pro vs SE310 vs AH-C700
Dec 17, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for ER4P, I do have the ER6i and find the bass too light for my tastes. I only kept them for the high amount of isolation they offer, which I occasionally need. I just got the Altec Lansing IM716 with Etymotic drivers, and like them better than ER6i - they are supposed to be closer to the ER4P than the ER6i. They isolate quite well, the triple flange tips fit me much better, and they did a good job on the airplane this past week, so the ER6i might go away.

I have the Etymotic ER-6i and the problem with Ety's are the triple-flange ear tips take some practice to insert to get a decent seal. Once you do get that decent seal the bass quality is actually pretty good, nice and clear without the boominess that plagues some IEM's. I think the ER-4 series would sound really good if you can afford to install custom ear tips for that IEM.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 22
I would go with the Super.Fi 5 Pro's, I find they have one of the best soundstages i have heard in an IEM. They have good bass as well which will go well with your genre. The mids don't seem as recessed as others make them sound. The treble extension is good, but not perfect. Overall i really like the sound out of them.

Dec 20, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #19 of 22
Oi DKaz, thanks a plenty for that tip man =D

I'm about to ask a friend of mine in the US to redeliver it to me in Korea after I ship it to his place (as amazon doesn't do international shipping to either canada or korea for this particular product), but DAMN =D i was looking for an iem and the timing of this sale couldn't be any better.

Dec 20, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Etymotic ER-6i and the problem with Ety's are the triple-flange ear tips take some practice to insert to get a decent seal. Once you do get that decent seal the bass quality is actually pretty good, nice and clear without the boominess that plagues some IEM's. I think the ER-4 series would sound really good if you can afford to install custom ear tips for that IEM.

I use Shure Black Foam tips on my ER6i, and they seal quite well. I get more isolation with the ER6i than any Shure or UE earphone I have owned. With a bass boosting amp like my PenguinAmp Caffeine, Headstage Lyrix, or iBasso P2 the ER6i do a good job.

Dec 20, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #22 of 22
If I were to get a super.fi 5 Pro, I would have to go with the double-flange eartips provided by UE. On my super.fi 3 Studio, with original eartips installed whenever I moved my mouth to yawn the sound quality changes DRASTICALLY, much to my annoyance.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back