Starnge listing for Shure SE530 IEM's with the plug is different, any ideas?
May 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GOLDENZEAL

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I was searching on Ebay for some new sleeves for my SE530's, when I saw a listing that caught my eye.  It's the SE530 but it has a very different plug and it is also coming from China.  I have never seen anything like this before and I don't think they are fakes.  I would like to know if anyone else has seen anything like this before and what would be the reason for changing the plug only and not the whole cable?  Check out the link.  (I need to edit strange in my heading)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHURE-SE530-SOUND-NOISE-ISOLATING-EARPHONES-E500-SE-530-/260600407985?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3cacfea7b1

May 12, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 4
They just changed it with [size=xx-small][size=larger]"Pailiccs Plug"[/size][size=larger] as they said in description. Who knows what was the reason behind thid change, maybe they just made it broken. I am not really sure that this SE530 is new as they said. I does look used to me. [/size][/size]

[size=xx-small][size=larger]The price is however too expensive for this item, moreover without any supplimental accesories.[/size][/size]

May 12, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Cool, I see.  Also this is their reply to my question.  Why would customs cut the plug off?? seems rather harsh!

hi, these earphone are come from china customs, when they came to china their plug was cut by the customs members, so we change a new plug for it, the earphone is like new, in a good condition, you know this is a high end earphone in the world only 1 or two comapany can produce it, it is impossible to copy or refurbish at the moment, thanks. for sure if you are very mind this you can refer to our another earphone shure E5C you can try to search it on the search bar of ebay, thanks

[size=10pt] - pretty-luna1[/size]

May 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Some customs do that.
They intentionally damage the goods to make sure its not for retail. like if you ship pants, they will slash the tag or something. But IMHO, its too much to cut the plug cos then the unit will be unusable.
unless you put in a new plug like they did with the se530.
Im not sure about the used/unused status of the item tho.
No way to be sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back