Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Mar 10, 2012 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Aznvamp

New Head-Fier
Maybe I'm just a poor Googler, but I know for a fact I once saw the features of the SC2: Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition. I remember seeing it once (included pictures), but I can't seem to find it anymore. :\ 

Also, what are you guys looking forward to in this next expansion?

Mar 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 15
Maybe I'm just a poor Googler, but I know for a fact I once saw the features of the SC2: Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition. I remember seeing it once (included pictures), but I can't seem to find it anymore. :\ 

Also, what are you guys looking forward to in this next expansion?

It used to be on the site, but I can't find it either. I think it was pretty much the same as the WoL CE. So that's some kind of nifty USB device, an artbook, some avatars for MP, a CD with the soundtrack, some stickers and to top it off it all comes in a neat box.

What I'm looking forward to most is the removal of the mothership. Maybe then I'll get some arbiters instead. I'd love to see that happening. Main reason for that is that I think that protoss lacks mobility at the moment. Other than that I'm looking forward to some awesome cutscenes.

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 15
Maybe this thread should be all of Starcraft II, not just Heart of the Swarm...
Anyway, Force SC2 posted a breakdown of the new units in the expansion:

I agree with the low mobility thing with Protoss; I used to play Protoss, but I just switched to Terran, low mobility was one of the reasons. I'm not going to miss the mothership, but I am sad that the Carrier is going even though top level players like EGHuk still use it in their late game. But it is replaced by the Tempest, which seems pretty cool.
I think the expansion will make the game a lot more balanced overall, with Zerg getting a slight boost over Protoss and Terran, which it needed.

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 15
I'll definitely get it and play the campaign but I doubt I'll end up spending much time on the multiplayer.  I'm just not willing to put the amount of time into SC2 multi it takes to get decent but I do really enjoy the campaigns.  

Mar 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 15
Nice vid Charliyu! I'm excited for a lot of the changes as well. The removal of the mothership will be interesting. Mostly looking forward to the Zerg Viper. Major disappointment when overlords didn't have detection ability anymore.

So no link for the Collector's? :\

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 15
Nice vid Charliyu! I'm excited for a lot of the changes as well. The removal of the mothership will be interesting. Mostly looking forward to the Zerg Viper. Major disappointment when overlords didn't have detection ability anymore.

Yep, its gonna be great using hydras against protoss and then pulliing the collousus

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
Major disappointment when overlords didn't have detection ability anymore.

Overseers.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #8 of 15
The expansion says to terrans, "hey so mech is pretty solid? Here, mech is now going to be the best." I like the spaces that the battle hellion (firebat) and the new Goliath will be filling in a mech composition.

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #9 of 15
I just like how TvTs will get faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back