STAR WARS III (ROTS) SPOILER WARNING
Jun 6, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #121 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Character development of Anakin was bad, very trivialized imho. For an advanced Jedi it should have been more much troublesome to even consider switching to the dark side.

Anakin was in love, so it wasn't as if he could think straight from the start. What he didn't consider was the fact that his nightmares were planted by the Sith Lord, Sidious. What drove him was his love and the fear of losing his beloved, which is why he so easily became jealous of Obiwan. The choking of his wife was a natural outcome of his jealousy as he was 'seeing red'.

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #122 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
I could not figure out why Palpatine told Anakin that he killed Padme.

Remorse and guilt are fuel for the dark side.

Jun 6, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #123 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Remorse and guilt are fuel for the dark side.

yep, it tied him to the Dark Side. if you feel that there is no way to resist anymore, that there is no chance for redemption, that even the people you care about would condemn you if you reached out to them for hope (killing your wife would tend to put you in that mindset) - there's nowhere to go but Down=The Dark Side.

Jun 6, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #124 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
yep, it tied him to the Dark Side. if you feel that there is no way to resist anymore, that there is no chance for redemption, that even the people you care about would condemn you if you reached out to them for hope (killing your wife would tend to put you in that mindset) - there's nowhere to go but Down=The Dark Side.

But by that scene Anakin was safely in/on the darkside. What the film needed is to better develop his turn to the darkside.

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #125 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
But by that scene Anakin was safely in/on the darkside. What the film needed is to better develop his turn to the darkside.

Nah, Anakin walked through the door and was in the hotel, but the Emp had to make sure that Anakin could never leave - that last bit about Padme turned the key and locked the door. But after seeing Luke get fried in "Jedi" he found out that he could jump out a window to get out of the building - tho the window was on the 23rd floor...

Jun 6, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #126 of 141
Quote:

if you feel that there is no way to resist anymore, that there is no chance for redemption, that even the people you care about would condemn you if you reached out to them for hope (killing your wife would tend to put you in that mindset) - there's nowhere to go but Down.

Anakin could care less. All he knew was that there was no way for him to save his mother. He didn't want to lose someone else he loved. So if billions of people died, so what? All he was thinking about was keeping Padme from dying. He knew that she would probably die in childbirth, so how does he not lose her? Sidious was his only hope and damn the consequences - whole star systems could die for all he cared, so long as his beloved did not die.

Jun 7, 2005 at 11:13 AM Post #128 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236

I agree. And better lines for most of the cast, especially Natalie Portman.

Jun 7, 2005 at 1:20 PM Post #129 of 141
In episode 6 Princess Leila says that she remembers her mother as being beautiful (when Luke and Leila find out that they are siblings and talk about it). Yet, her mother died when she gave birth to them, almost instantly after. It does not make sense that she could remember her mother from baby age, or does it?
confused.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #130 of 141
It seems odd, but remember... She's got some force, and can see weird things... Then there is george lucas, and whatever he thinks makes sense happens, so let me put on my agreeable shirt and say, well if it's good for george lucas, i'm stupid and accept it.

Jun 7, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #131 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu
In episode 6 Princess Leila says that she remembers her mother as being beautiful (when Luke and Leila find out that they are siblings and talk about it). Yet, her mother died when she gave birth to them, almost instantly after. It does not make sense that she could remember her mother from baby age, or does it?
confused.gif

she was probably thinking about her adopted mother - jimmy smits' wife.

Jun 7, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #132 of 141
Quote:

she was probably thinking about her adopted mother - jimmy smits' wife.

She grew up with them, she was talking about her real mother, natalie portman.

Jun 7, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #133 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
She grew up with them, she was talking about her real mother, natalie portman.

ah, it would have made sense if Mrs. Jimmy Smits had died when Leia was 3 or something, and Leia confused her with her real mother..as if Padme actually remarried with Jimmy, like Anakin's mom shacked up with that moisture farmer. Leia could have been confused.

But I like the "Force" idea better - that as a kid Leia just had an innate ability to channel all those midochlorians and was able to "see" Padme's ghost when she was young.

Jun 7, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #134 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu
confused.gif

ummm, maybe she saw pictures?

Jun 7, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #135 of 141
I don't rember where, but I am fairly certain this "memory" is discussed elsewhere in the star wars universe as being linked to Leia's force powers like mentioned above.

Really it doesn't matter though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back