STAR WARS III (ROTS) SPOILER WARNING
May 21, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #16 of 141
Hi Hungerboy55,
Quote:

1. they didn't show enough jedi being killed, i think they only showed twenty or so even when almost all of the jedi are supposed to be wiped out.

The order 66 is executed simultaneously, therefore most Jedi Masters leading the clone troopers were killed on the battle field. But majority of the non-master Jedi's and Padawan's were in the temple where the clone troopers led by Darth Sidius and Vadar killed what's left of them.
Quote:

2. yoda's fight with darth sidious, yoda gave up soo easily.

In the book there's a bit talk about Yoda's realisation of while the Sith has evolved themselves since the last war. Where the Jedi's were too old school and one dimentioned... So he eventually gave up. Plus the fall is intentional in order to escape.
Quote:

3. NOT ENOUGH WOOKIE

Totally
biggrin.gif

Quote:

4, (did say yoda was going to degabon sp? and metioned qui gon giin sp? was still alive but never mentioned him again)

Both were mentioned in the book, therefore I think the film is a bit choppy between scenes.

Overlunge

May 21, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #17 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterboy55
4, (did say yoda was going to degabon sp? and metioned qui gon giin sp? was still alive but never mentioned him again)

I was under the impression that Qui-Gon Jinn was "alive" in the same way that Obi-Wan Kenobi was "alive" in the second half of $, and 5 & 6.

Also: I really enjoyed all of the references to four, five, six. My favorite is definitely the brief appearance of a young Grand Moff Tarkin.

May 21, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #18 of 141
Quote:

Scenario 2: Palpatine was just too old and couldn't hold his own against Master Windu. If that is true then how could he defend challenge Master Yoda and end with a tie?

Mace Windu was the better swordsman and did have Sidious beaten. The reference to his vapaad style is a good pick up. Did you see his eyes when he locked sabres with Sidious? You could see him drawing strength from his anger.

What the hell was the deal with Sidious' Tai Chi swordsmanship? I know he is old but he killed those Jedi accompanying Windu in like slow motion. Where they confused by his David Carradine like moves?

Quote:

The order 66 is executed simultaneously, therefore most Jedi Masters leading the clone troopers were killed on the battle field.

Im wondering if that order was programmed into the clones in Camino?

I finally understand why no one likes droids in EP 4,5,6.

Quote:

NOT ENOUGH WOOKIE

Damn right! Are the wookies force sensitive? I know they werent programmed to betray the jedi, but how did they communicate with Yoda?

Quote:

(did say yoda was going to degabon sp? and metioned qui gon giin sp? was still alive but never mentioned him again)

I dont think Yoda said he was going to Degobah. I think he just said exile. Qui Gon Jin wasnt physically alive but the jedi are trained to communicate with those on the astral plane? That skill was Obi Wan's final lesson.

Dont you feel bad for the clones? They were basically human shields. Anyone else catch that Commander Cody reference?

Dont you love the way you can see the empire's weaponry evolve? I remember the old vehicle guides from over 10 years ago. They showed the old Tie Industries fighters. Some of the things I saw I remember seeing years ago. I think Lucas had a lot of this already figured out a long time ago. Also I heard about the fight on the volcanic planet years before episode 1.

May 21, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #19 of 141
I like the way Sidious mentioned that only one Sith had the power to come back from the dead. That was Freedon Nadd from the comic books. Im serious guys check out the graphic novels for good background on the Sith. That dark side shiznit IS good for keeping you alive. The Sith were actually an alien race that were taken over by fallen jedi. The Sith power is dark force magic.

May 21, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #21 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi

One scene was ambiguous to me. The part where Mace attempts to arrest Palpatine. At the end of the duel Mace knocks Palpatines light saber out of his hand. Palpatine falls to the ground and curls up in the corner of the windowsill. Did Palpatine really lose the saber duel to Master Windu or was this a ruse to confuse Anakin, which was not there yet but on his way into the room.

It was a calculated risk. Palpatine knew that Anakin was on the way, and since he had baited Anakin with the secret of keeping people alive, he would never allow Mace Windu to kill him, or to arrest him, because to do so would be to lose the secret. He had to put himself in a compromised position so he could play with Anakin's loyalties, making a Jedi look like the aggressor and Palpatine to look like a victim.

May 21, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #22 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewd
I never saw the cartoon, but I got the impression from quick glimpses during the action that he had some sort of organic guts in there. Maybe they didn't have Dayquil back then.

I think Grevious is intended as a proto-Vader, a partially flesh but mostly droid bastardization of real life. You can see he has real, reptillian eyes, and yes you can see some bits of circulatory system (a heart and some blood vessels, I think). The character type is like Dr. Octopus of Spiderman, a character who goes too far into science and knowledge and gives up his humanity, evidenced by a transformation from a man into a machine. I'd be interested to read a bit more about Grevious.

May 21, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #24 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
A "did you see it?" moment...

The Millenium Falcon landing below Ben and Annakin's shuttle after they rescue Palpatine.

I just logged on to ask that since I forgot to last night.

My question is: Do you think that it was just a Corellian freighter, or do you think that it was the ship that would become the Millennium Falcon?

May 21, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #25 of 141
Just watched it and in all honesty it was very enjoyable. The work done on the CGI action scenes was excellent and very transparent, some scenes I totally forgot CGI was being used at all!

BUT...As with the previous two films, the acting was a bit dull. Infact in this film, it was even worse. The dark sith lord was a total joke, his evil laughing and general behaviour was very awkward and silly at times. Also the Mace Windu/Sith Lord confrontation scene was really poorly done, made me and the whole audience laugh!

Apart from the dodgy acting, everything else about the film was very epic and polished with a very decent storyline that bridges the gap between the two trilogies very well. Highly recommended!

May 21, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #26 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
What the hell was the deal with Sidious' Tai Chi swordsmanship? I know he is old but he killed those Jedi accompanying Windu in like slow motion. Where they confused by his David Carradine like moves?

Ha, I was thinking the same thing!

May 21, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #28 of 141
Yeah I guess he used the Jedi speed power but in ep 1 when they use it they actually look fast. I though I saw the millenium falcon but I wasnt sure.

May 21, 2005 at 10:15 PM Post #29 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
I though I saw the millenium falcon but I wasnt sure.

Definitely a YT-1300, was it the Millenium Falcon? I would bet it was.

May 21, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #30 of 141
Hi all,

According the the ROTS novel, Palpatine killed first two Jedis without even standing up. So when I saw him actually jumped and did a triple twist in the movie, I couldn't believe my eyes...

Being a Sam L Jackson fan, I had to say even in the novel, he wipped Sidius's sorry arse in lightsaber fight by drawing power from his inner dark side. I think Anakin actually arrived at the scene earlier in the book and witnessed more of that fight. Which makes more sense because seeing a Jedi master overpowering a Chancellor surely will piss you off a bit, when the Jedi who doesn't trust you trying to kill someone how's been like your father ever since Ep. 1.

I have to give credit to the actors/actress though, I can't begin to imagine how hard is it to act with less than 10% of the scene actually constructed in front of you... All blue and green screen.

One gripe about the movie is that it doesn't delt into Anakin's feeling too much, therefore his fall from grace seemed less convincing. But again, it's all in the novel.

Did you spot, Kisha Castle Hughs, the little girl in New Zealand film 'Walerider' as Queen of Naboo towards the end?

Hands up for those who want the Anakin/Kenobi sabre fight in unabridged special feature in DVD...

Overlunge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back