Star Wars: Attack of the Clones DVD.... meh
Nov 19, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Yeeeah...but you don't lose more in the widescreen...I thought we went over that?
smily_headphones1.gif
The movie was shot in Super 35, but framed for widescreen viewing. What you lose on the top and bottom in the widescreen version is neither as much nor as important as what you lose in the fullscreen.

Exactly. If the director INTENDED you to watch the movie in widescreen, you have no business watching what's above and below the framing points, unless you prefer to see movies how the director didn't intend you to see them. You'll just end up with sloppy, poorly defined shots.

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #63 of 66
SWEET JOB REDSHIFTER!!!!!! I do now really see a visual representation of what you had been referring to all alon. You DO get more side-to-side, but at the expense of a little top-to-bottom info. I can live with the lost info on the top and bottm, but I really don't like what I see being cut-off on the sides!! AT ALL!!

I will now definitely sell off my fullscreen in favor of the widescreen.

Great job as usual Redshifter!!!! You are truly a gem my good man!!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:08 AM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Yeeeah...but you don't lose more in the widescreen...I thought we went over that?
smily_headphones1.gif
The movie was shot in Super 35, but framed for widescreen viewing. What you lose on the top and bottom in the widescreen version is neither as much nor as important as what you lose in the fullscreen.

Just to make sure we don't forget Rizumu and his insightful comment here made a few posts before mine and literally my post mirrored his without even knowing it.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back