Standard Advice question.
Jul 6, 2015 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sancmat

New Head-Fier
Just went on a wonderful vacation and when packing up at our second hotel I found my Sennheiser MM550-x headphones were gone.  Of course the first hotel did not find them.  While I have not fully unpacked and there is still a small chance of finding them I do not have much hope.  Now enough of the sob story,  let's move forward.

I was very happy with my MM550s for the years that I had them and tried many headphones before settling on them.  Mostly in the Sennheiser and BD lines.  I have found through my experiences.

1.  Wirelesss is nice but bluetooth is no longer important as I don't travel much anymore.
2.  I like a balanced sound with tight clean bass.  Hence my love of Sennheiser.  
3.  I'm fine with online and refurb purchases to get my value but if I can find it local I will probably do so.
4.  I don't use an FiiO or any other DAC right now but someday I may get one.  Let's assume there isn't one.
5.  Primary devices will be a PC, Phone, or Tablet
6.  I don't use noise cancellation.  Not worth any cost increase.
7.  I sometimes wear them for 6 to 8 hours a day and wear them 5 days a week at work.  Comfort is a must.
8.  I listen to talk radio, audio books, and many styles of music (not much hip hop or country).  
9.  I hate on hear headphones.  In ears don't work for this long of wear for me.  Over ear is a must and comfort is extremely important.
10. Weight is important due to the long wearing.  Which is why I'm in the portable section.  I'll take advice on full size.
11. Cost is a factor.  Less expensive the better and above $230 I'm going to have a tough time justifying.  
12. My least favorite headphones I've bought were the pxc-350.  Too big.  Not comfortable.  Didn't like the noise canceling.  
13. My MM450s were nice but the on ear hurt during extended wear.  So No On ear.

Current leader is the HD25-1 ii.  I've even found a pair with Velour pads and an upgraded cable on craigslist for $150.  

Jul 6, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Looks like the HD25-1 ii is an on ear.  so I guess that's ruled out.  drawing board time.  I'm going crazy at work right now without headphones.  so much unwanted noise.  Not enough wanted noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back