Stand alone Max dac?
Oct 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #91 of 104
Interestingly enough, the correlary audiophile myth (6532B) is that Swedish people can hear to 30k hertz. I have no idea why those two myths were filed together.

Also, why post that at lunch time?
frown.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #92 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, why post that at lunch time?
frown.gif

Yeah ... it's sad ... I got that 'vulgarus' thing in my title for a reason. I'm really not very well versed in social graces. You'll just have to take the good with the bad with me.

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #94 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can post whatever picture you want as long as you keep working on that DAC.
evil_smiley.gif

and amp....
happy_face1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #95 of 104
I like to believe myself free of the more extreme prurient tendencies but I have to admit that I regret not seeing an image from Tyll that required censorship. Snooze you lose.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #99 of 104
Quote:

If I overkill every single step, I'll eventually have a good system, right?

Thats the general idea
very_evil_smiley.gif
Then once you have overkilled every step you overkill the entire stairs (extended metaphor for the whole system) once more. Then you will have acheived an acceptable system.

Dave

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #100 of 104
Then I'll start replacing fuses with melted down jewelry and choose the books on my shelf by what will absorb the right amount of bass.

Headroom here I come.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #101 of 104
Quote:

Then I'll start replacing fuses with melted down jewelry and choose the books on my shelf by what will absorb the right amount of bass.

Headroom here I come.

Exactly
L3000.gif

Dave

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #102 of 104
Any more details on this bad boy? (Or should I say THESE bad boy-S, given that there were some amp-related hints in here as well)? Any new developments to report?

(I mean, help me out here -- I'm desperately attempting to destroy my finances, and I think this DAC/amp might just do the trick.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back