Stager Sound Solid Silver Interconnect
Dec 1, 2015 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bazelio

500+ Head-Fier
Just picked up a set of these from Marc Stager...  Solid silver and unshielded.  Not stranded, not plated copper.  Just soft temper .999 pure solid silver and a bit of teflon with gold plated Canare F-10 RCA connectors.  

I still use Kimber PBJ interconnect from ... well ... many years ago and have always been happy with their performance.  For the price, they were the first interconnect I had found that made non-audiophiles turn their heads and say "what did you do - it sounds a lot better now!"  

Silver is sometimes associated with "bright".  But I couldn't disagree more.  Silver cables aren't bright - your gear is bright - and silver cables are bringing out that quality in your gear.  Or as Marc puts it:  

...simply put, it is not how a cable makes music sound great. It's about how it allows music to sound great by not hindering its transmission in any way. 

Looking forward to giving these a go.  I haven't played with interconnect cables in a long, long time.  I will report back.

Pardon the messy desk.....

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #2 of 6
That's a coincidence, I also own the ZDS and use Stager Silver Solids interconnects. One of if not the best silver interconnects I've owned in terms of sheer value.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 6
  That's a coincidence, I also own the ZDS and use Stager Silver Solids interconnects. One of if not the best silver interconnects I've owned in terms of sheer value.

what difference does it make to the SQ ?

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 6
With unshielded RCA interconnects, the sound will be situation specific. Sometimes people enjoy a little bit of added background noise or interference. But it depends on the situation.

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 6
For one, I don't like added background noise or interference at all. However, I like to believe that in an ideal setting where there is very little or no noisy intereference, unshielded cables sound more natural than shielded ones. Just my 2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back